Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale > Parts/Memorabilia - Sold listings

Please note

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2021, 05:21 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Default RARE 1967 1968 67 68 Camaro BB 396 fan shroud 3916637 used original not service piece

SOLD

Hi sYc Gang, super rare piece here, that comes with a story like they always do.

I was at a "shop" this week and they were pro-touring an original 68 BB car - "that's what the customer wanted"... anyway, I was digging through the take offs that were left and found this, super original with only a couple scratches from someone removing the fan with the shroud still on and showing the common scuffs and associated scratches. I put it aside and they remarked how nice it was and "rare"... anyway, the owner's brother came by and poked around and watched. Told brother number one to get back to work; he'd take care of this... anyway, I don't find much more and turn around about twenty minutes later for the shroud to negotiate and it's gone! I head out to the back area and find brother number two, let him know "I'm ready for that shroud"... "oh, yeah, it's in the sun drying."

Wait, what?...

Gah, follow him out to his flat bed trailer and there it is, washed, dried, and painted black for me, "to clean it up"...

Cue my inner Steve Carell as Michael Scott, screaming "nooooooooo!"

Anyway, I could barely contain my discontent... couldn't say much and he picked up on that and was less than enthusiastic to show me more parts if I didn't like his way of running his shop I think is what he said...

Anyway, I paid for it and it stunk up my car "spray bomb black" the whole way home... it's even still tacky and any finger smudges on it are mine. I'm sure there's an easy way to remove it but, as they say, it is what it is...

So, it's real, it's rare and as I understand it is an assembly line piece with no little hole. There's scratches as shown and the top hole for the attachment bolt has a minor crack as shown but certainly not fatal IMHO.

definitely original as shown. Part number 3916637 that was replaced by 3945789 I believe it was.

I agree it's a super rare piece and it's unfortunate about the paint, but that's likely an easy fix; I've left it as is.

If it needs to be shipped it will be carefully protected in a large heavy duty box.

Lots of photos below to give a full picture (pun) of its condition.

$1000 plus any shipping and insurance. Will not be using USPS.

PM with questions.

Cheers all,
Anthony
Attached Images

Last edited by AnthonyS; 02-13-2021 at 06:37 PM. Reason: sold
Attachments - The Supercar Registry IMG_2105.jpg IMG_2104.jpg IMG_2103.jpg IMG_2102.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 02-13-2021, 11:48 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,294 Times in 503 Posts

PM Sent Thanks Anthony
The Following User Says Thank You to Copo_Cartel For This Useful Post:
AnthonyS (02-13-2021)
Closed Thread