Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale > Parts/Memorabilia - Sold listings

Please note

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2024, 04:37 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Default 3946074 LS6 / ZL-1 aluminum 074 heads dated 1971

Hi Gang, another rare treat offered here.

As the title says these are a used pair of 3946074 aluminum square port BBC Big Block Chevy Chevrolet heads.

Both are dated 7-15-71 and have likely always been a matched pair.

I've called them LS6 as 074s with (earlier) 1971 dates were factory assembly line units for the famed 1971 LS6 although, being dated within a couple of weeks of final Corvette assembly for that model year, I doubt these were installed in a car, call it wishful thinking; they're likely OTC ZL1 replacements, or very early LS6 OTC replacements... likely never know.

Anyway, copious photos below for the whole picture.

I would consider these cores that need a rebuild of course. Typical GM / winters porosity visible.

They were off of a racecar - they will need new valve seats & a complete valve job and resurfacing too from years of being slid around a workbench and appear to have evidence of receiver grooves.

7/16 guide plates, the last one was cut and welded to better align - which this fellow preferred to do rather than wallow the bolt holes.

Couple of helicoils as expected, appears to have lightly ported and polished intakes, chambers may have been worked, not sure.

The exhaust seats are rusty and the intakes are chipped.

No obvious repairs that I've noticed, other than a few helicoils, but I'm not an expert, hence the photos. they were recently blasted to "clean them up" and that's when they were disassembled and checked. Machine shop pointed out to him that they were GM snowflakes and "worth money" so he called me. They were running last season he said. I am not sure what's been done or not to these, really.

Take a look at the photos again.

1950.00 for the pair plus shipping, and insurance if required.

local pick up encouraged of course

ask any questions, cheers all.
Anthony
Attached Images

Attachments - The Supercar Registry IMG_9274.jpg IMG_9273.jpg IMG_9272.jpg IMG_9271.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 06-04-2024, 04:39 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

...it is possible to have too many pics in one post! Here's the last few FYI.
Attached Images

Closed Thread