Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 11-13-2021, 05:15 PM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts

History is instructive: In economics we studied the "Dutch Tulip Bulb Market Bubble" and its associated mania.

Lets all believe that Rivian,- with one single factory in one location, with a yet unproven product that just started selling vehicles is worth more then the entire valuation of Ford?

Exactly what we were told in school to keep a sharp eye out for... but I need to wonder perhaps to have a market cap today you do not have to have a tangible asset inventory or an established market segment?

If not then that gentlemen is the very definition of a "rigged game" where the whales select a technology and a company and bets on it simply because the political class and the FED shapes the market artificially through "green spending" and in the case of Rivian - Amazon promises of future purchases.

HINT-HINT... the US ARMY is reportedly looking at the NEW GM HUMMER EV for a big buy to replace the existing HUMVEE.
Old 11-13-2021, 05:40 PM

Thanked 136,487 Times in 22,778 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 copo View Post
History is instructive: In economics we studied the "Dutch Tulip Bulb Market Bubble" and its associated mania.

Lets all believe that Rivian,- with one single factory in one location, with a yet unproven product that just started selling vehicles is worth more then the entire valuation of Ford?

Exactly what we were told in school to keep a sharp eye out for... but I need to wonder perhaps to have a market cap today you do not have to have a tangible asset inventory or an established market segment?

If not then that gentlemen is the very definition of a "rigged game" where the whales select a technology and a company and bets on it simply because the political class and the FED shapes the market artificially through "green spending" and in the case of Rivian - Amazon promises of future purchases.

HINT-HINT... the US ARMY is reportedly looking at the NEW GM HUMMER EV for a big buy to replace the existing HUMVEE.
You need to understand stock prices and market caps. They are more focused on the future than the present. That's how an EV Truck startup like Rivian has a bigger Market Cap than Ford. Rivian is doing something that Ford wants to do, has to do and will cost them tens of billions of dollars to accomplish.
Old 11-13-2021, 06:34 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,779 Times in 1,599 Posts

----I really wonder how well an electric Hummer will work out in the field. Just carry a gas powered generator around with them?.....Bill S
Old 11-13-2021, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 copo View Post

Tesla market cap has been disjointed since inception. At 1T it is bigger then the next 6 auto companies combined but produces less units! Valuation has changed For sure. I think part of what drives the Rivian stock early on is FOMO, Myself included. I have owned Tesla and sold it several times over the years and every time I sell it I tell myself I should’ve held onto it.
Old 11-13-2021, 08:01 PM

Thanked 136,487 Times in 22,778 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by olredalert View Post
----I really wonder how well an electric Hummer will work out in the field. Just carry a gas powered generator around with them?.....Bill S
The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Stewart For This Useful Post:
olredalert (11-13-2021)
Old 11-13-2021, 10:02 PM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts

You guys read Market insider?

The market is responding in a strange way to this IPO.

Good opinion here which I agree with:

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...n-2021-11?op=1
Old 12-02-2021, 01:32 PM

Thanked 1,379 Times in 670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Lillard View Post
I ordered a Rivian truck months ago and test drove one Wednesday. Nice truck built in Illinois. Because I ordered one I was offered to buy up to 175 shares of their stock before it went public. Bought 175 shares for 13,650.00. As of today it's worth 21,523.00. I think a big reason for the confidence in the stock is the fact that Amazon is heavily invested in them plus they ordered 100,000 electric delivery vehicles from them.
Have you gotten your truck yet Charley? Any idea when it will be in if not?
Watched a review of one earlier this week and then the guy took it out off roading and it did pretty well (Doug DeMuro on Youtube).
John 10:30
The Following User Says Thank You to markinnaples For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (12-02-2021)
Old 12-04-2021, 12:37 PM

Thanked 3,688 Times in 996 Posts

They emailed me and I think it said between May-June.
markinnaples (12-06-2021)
Old 12-05-2021, 07:31 AM

I saw a white Rivian pickup on my way home 2 nights ago. The first thing I saw was the headlights. It stuck out since the headlights are so different. I didn't recognize what it was until I passed it and got a better look.
Old 12-06-2021, 02:50 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

^ cool. I’ve been looking but haven’t seen one yet myself.