Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale

Please note

Old 02-22-2024, 01:47 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default 1960’s vintage black and yellow California MFG (Manufacturing) license plates.

For Sale: (3) 1960’s vintage black and yellow California MFG (Manufacturing) license plates.

Here’s something you don’t see very often - three original sequential CA MFG black plates. They are in very good condition for their age, but please look at the pics for more details.

These were used by manufacturers in California in the 60’s and 70’s when they needed/wanted to legally drive an unregistered vehicle on the streets.

I am currently offering all three for $650 for the next couple of days. If not spoken for soon, I will change this ad to a pair (your choice of numbers) for $450. If still no interest, I will try singles at $250 each. I will honor interested parties based on the timeline of their communications.

If you own a Mustang built in San Jose, a Chevelle from Fremont, a Camaro from Van Nuys or that cool Shelby built in Los Angeles your car could have been driven on the streets by the builder or some executive using this type of plate.

While you can’t legally assign these to a vehicle now, they can still be used on cars for fun. I have put my vintage Dealer and MFG plates on my race cars as well as various street cars too. Usually while displaying them at a car show or cruise or even the local Cars-n-Coffee events. They’re a great conversation piece!

These numbered plates were originally assigned to King Highway Mobile Industries in Compton, Ca. Evidently they built some pretty rare Mobile homes for a period of time..

Shipping will be $20 per delivery address, whether it’s one, two or three plates. Payment by PP F&F is preferred, but a check or MO is fine as well.

Thanks for looking!
Attached Images

cruiserofland (02-22-2024), Xplantdad (02-22-2024)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry MFG plates all three.jpg MFG plates all three back.jpg MFG PLATE 1C REAR.jpg MFG PLATE 1C FACE.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...