Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Chevrolet

Old 10-14-2014, 07:47 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,342 Posts
Default Re: NCRS Historical Document Services

I had known my black rs/z dealer and delivery date based on the POP documentation and original owner information. I have now confirmed it with the NCRS-GM shipping data report I received today. My car was delivered to Dave Hallman Chev, Hamburg, NY and built on Friday 3/14/69. The orig owner Paul Murphy picked the car up on 3/21/69 which was also a Friday.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 10-14-2014, 09:02 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paceme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had known my black rs/z dealer and delivery date based on the POP documentation and original owner information. I have now confirmed it with the NCRS-GM shipping data report I received today. My car was delivered to Dave Hallman Chev, Hamburg, NY and built on Friday 3/14/69. The orig owner Paul Murphy picked the car up on 3/21/69 which was also a Friday. </div></div>

So cool to get yet another piece of history on your car. No matter what you already have it is still fun to get more:-)

Ryan

1969 Beaumont 350 Auto White Sold
1969 Beaumont 307 Auto Green Sold
1969 Chevelle SS 396-L35 Auto Blue Sold
1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass 'S' Sports Coupe W31
Old 10-14-2014, 10:06 PM

Thanked 2,555 Times in 1,174 Posts

Very cool

Especially with all the bogus POP's out there. Now you have confirmation re: the selling dealer.

Unfortunately for me, there are apparently no records existing anywhere regarding dealer 833 in Zone 23 (Oklahoma).

I am guessing it was a small town dealer. If anyone runs across old documentation of dealer codes from 1969, I would love to hear from you. It is good to know that the car started out in Oklahoma. Many times, the tax commission can run the vin and get a complete owner history. I have found records for other cars going back to the 50s and 60s. But.... I already tried, and they have no old records of my car. When the tax commission change over computer systems in the late 70's they LOST information on some vehicles. Mine is one of those. They don't even have a record of my brother's ownership.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:42 PM

Hi Steve,

How did you go about tracking down the original owner?

I have my NCRS doc for my car but I'm not sure how to track previous owners? I have the two of the previous owners and the trail went cold. Any tips?

Thanks,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ryan1969Chevelle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paceme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had known my black rs/z dealer and delivery date based on the POP documentation and original owner information. I have now confirmed it with the NCRS-GM shipping data report I received today. My car was delivered to Dave Hallman Chev, Hamburg, NY and built on Friday 3/14/69. The orig owner Paul Murphy picked the car up on 3/21/69 which was also a Friday. </div></div>

So cool to get yet another piece of history on your car. No matter what you already have it is still fun to get more:-)

Ryan</div></div>
Old 10-15-2014, 01:23 AM

Send a message via AIM to neresto

Anybody out there lucky enough to track down a dealer invoice or any other docs as a result of the NCRS info yet? I thought for sure that we would have a few by now.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:33 AM

Yes, I posted the other day a brief story of my find!!!
It's posted in the 'Day 2' section, 'Cars with Cragars'
Story is in regards to the 'King Rat'

Bill
Old 10-15-2014, 01:33 AM
Administrator

Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,342 Posts

I had the original Protecto-plate with dealer stamp and original owners name, address and delivery date. In addition I purchased from the car from the second owner who happened to be best friends with original owner In fact the second owner was the new car prep technician at the dealership and prepped this car for Paul. Years ago I also got in touch with Paul but unfortunately he has since passed away.

I'm searching for the original owner of my first car (Orange RS/Z) which I purchased from the original owner in 1977. Unfortunately I can't recall the original owners last name or address but know the town. I've contacted local car clubs and car guys in that area but no luck to date.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 10-15-2014, 08:48 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lynn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very cool

Especially with all the bogus POP's out there. Now you have confirmation re: the selling dealer.

Unfortunately for me, there are apparently no records existing anywhere regarding dealer 833 in Zone 23 (Oklahoma).

I am guessing it was a small town dealer. If anyone runs across old documentation of dealer codes from 1969, I would love to hear from you. It is good to know that the car started out in Oklahoma. Many times, the tax commission can run the vin and get a complete owner history. I have found records for other cars going back to the 50s and 60s. But.... I already tried, and they have no old records of my car. When the tax commission change over computer systems in the late 70's they LOST information on some vehicles. Mine is one of those. They don't even have a record of my brother's ownership. </div></div>

Not sure how much this will help but 832 was Scott's Chev in Ok City. The numbers seem to be assigned &quot;generally&quot; alphabetically within the zone so given that and the fact that #836 &quot;Service Chevrolet&quot; I'd bet your dealer starts with SC....maybe SCR just to give you hope. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2014, 11:39 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paceme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had the original Protecto-plate with dealer stamp and original owners name, address and delivery date. In addition I purchased from the car from the second owner who happened to be best friends with original owner In fact the second owner was the new car prep technician at the dealership and prepped this car for Paul. Years ago I also got in touch with Paul but unfortunately he has since passed away.

I'm searching for the original owner of my first car (Orange RS/Z) which I purchased from the original owner in 1977. Unfortunately I can't recall the original owners last name or address but know the town. I've contacted local car clubs and car guys in that area but no luck to date. </div></div>

Thanks. Never thought about the car club route. It's worth a try!
Old 10-15-2014, 11:46 AM

Lynn have you thought about Seltzer Chevrolet in Yukon? They ordered and sold a ZL1.