Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Chevrolet

Old 07-15-2014, 07:22 PM

Default Re: NCRS Historical Document Services

Can't imagine that happening if Roy was still at the wheel.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:23 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WILMASBOYL78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well...here is a new twist to the NCRS program [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/scholar.gif[/img]

Turns out the report I got for the 1970 Nova lists the correct dealer code and zone...but, the wrong dealer name [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img] I just learned about this with some help from a fellow SYC member. The original dealer was...

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">Zone Dealer Number Dealer Name Address City State Zipcode Source Year Active Notes
Change Dealer Details 12 380 LAKS CHEVROLET CORP. Unknown BLASDELL New York 14219 1978 Unknown Info Provided by AAA Window Stickers- Bill Petriko </span>

So, I looked them up online and Laks is still in business, but not with Chevy. I spoke to their Honda store and left a message for Mr. Laks. The receptionist I spoke with [20 years there] said they haven't had Chevy for at least that long...I also plan to send Mr. Laks a letter regarding this...we will see what happens.

Now, who do I contact at NCRS to get the documents revised with the correct info?? and has anyone else has a similar experience?? Laks is in Buffalo, I bought he car from the Buffalo area..the trunk has stickers from a local speed shop in that area...this all adds up.

wilma
</div></div>

My COPO had its motor replaced under warranty at Laks!

1969 Chevelle 300 Deluxe 427 ZL-1 M 22W
1970 Olds 442 W 30 2 door post
1969 Ply. GTX 426 hemi auto. Blue.
1940 Dodge pick up Durango 4X4
1968 Camaro ragtop LSA ZL1
Old 07-15-2014, 11:48 PM

Well Tom, at one point this morning I thought we had it. Then the trail took a turn! Good luck getting your shipper fixed.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:39 AM

Been having trouble finding out some info from my NCRS report. My dealer code is 22 and my zone is 45. Has anyone heard of this code and zone number?
Old 07-16-2014, 01:08 AM

Wheelhop above should confirm or maybe recheck his info too as even the NCRS site lists Zone #03 Dealer #342 as Hauck Chevy Waynesville MO?

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
~ Pete
[/quote]

I sent a question to the NCRS website and they replied saying that they had two listings for dealer information: One was prior to 1970, and the other after 1970. The older listing does not have information on dealer 342/zone 3, so with a &quot;later&quot;
'69 built car I was provided the dealer information from the newer listing which has 342 assigned to Harris.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:37 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WILMASBOYL78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well...here is a new twist to the NCRS program [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/scholar.gif[/img]

Turns out the report I got for the 1970 Nova lists the correct dealer code and zone...but, the wrong dealer name [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img] I just learned about this with some help from a fellow SYC member. The original dealer was...

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">Zone Dealer Number Dealer Name Address City State Zipcode Source Year Active Notes
Change Dealer Details 12 380 LAKS CHEVROLET CORP. Unknown BLASDELL New York 14219 1978 Unknown Info Provided by AAA Window Stickers- Bill Petriko </span>

So, I looked them up online and Laks is still in business, but not with Chevy. I spoke to their Honda store and left a message for Mr. Laks. The receptionist I spoke with [20 years there] said they haven't had Chevy for at least that long...I also plan to send Mr. Laks a letter regarding this...we will see what happens.

Now, who do I contact at NCRS to get the documents revised with the correct info?? and has anyone else has a similar experience?? Laks is in Buffalo, I bought he car from the Buffalo area..the trunk has stickers from a local speed shop in that area...this all adds up.

wilma
</div></div>

My 1969 L72 M22 Biscayne came from Laks according to the NICB I got on it years ago. Looks like they had some real muscle roll through that place. Has anyone found any plate frames or advertising from them?
Old 07-16-2014, 12:58 PM

Thanked 1,621 Times in 497 Posts

Here is the reply I got...and my response.

Date: 2014-07-15 16:41:40
Name: John Waggoner
Printer friendly version

The Dealercode Database is made of up submissions by many people both Corvette owners and owners of other Chevrolet makes. There is no verification of the data in the Dealercode Database other than from time to time someone notifies us and supplies evidence that there is an error. We will correct those errors.

The shipping report that was sent to you included information from GM as to the dealer the car was shipped to. This is where the trucking company delivered the car.

From time to time dealers did trade cars to satisfy a customers wants. In this instance the car may have been sold by a different dealer than it was shipped to. The Shipping Data Report is still accurate because it identifies the dealer the car was shipped to.

Sincerely,

John Waggoner
Chevy Muscle Docs
http://www.chevymuscledocs.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2014-07-16 03:55:02
Name: tom williams
Printer friendly version

Thanks for the reply...but, your records are not correct...the info I sent on the dealer number and zone were from your database...if you look at it you will see what I'm talking about. I understand that dealers swapped and sold cars...but, from my research Krise Motor Co. wasn't even in business in 1970...thus making it impossible for them to have been the dealer.

Please review this again...and send a corrected report.

Tom Williams

<span style="font-weight: bold">I don't think they are really looking at this...just a generic reply.

wilma [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/no.gif[/img] </span>
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
Join National Nostalgic Nova!
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old 07-16-2014, 01:03 PM

Good grief! You have a guy that practically lived at Krise telling you it was sold/closed in 1960. What more do they want?
Old 07-16-2014, 02:59 PM

Thanked 4,502 Times in 2,140 Posts

A few bumps w/ the NCRS service but let's all try to be thankful for what we do get it'd be a shame if the service was discontinued because of too much flak and/or negative responses?
Not all info is available to satisfy every circumstance so best use the results to seek out the rest of the story by connecting w/ others who have cars shipped to the same dealer codes etc?
As for matching the codes w/ the actual dealers, much info out there is indeed conflicting including what NCRS has on file but getting the zone and dealer code is key then a fella can track the dealer or confirm those indicated on the NCRS reports.

We've had a few Laks Chevrolet threads here in the past so try the search box, click below to one of them that includes a link to a Laks Chevy newspaper ad near the end of page two.
https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbt...opics/458080/1

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
~ Pete

Old 07-16-2014, 07:05 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigsixman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just received my NCRS shipping docs and does anyone know what dealer is code 562 in zone 33 translates to? I hope Pete or someone can help me out because that is all I received with my report.

Thanks in advance. </div></div>

Anybody have any help on this dealer that was not on my NCRS report?