Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 07-20-2011, 12:06 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts
Default Re: 70 HEMI Charger R/T-SE 4spd, the only red one made

For you toy collectors out there (of both 1:1 scale and 1:18 scale), here is the model that Supercar1.com made of my Charger a couple years ago. It came as a total surprise at the time, when someone emailed me a link on my birthday alerting me, so I bought the last few they still had.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:19 PM

Steve are you really sure you want to sell this baby
As I am knocking at the door going on 60 there are a few cars I really regret selling Back then it was about the money today its memories of what I once had
My first car was a copy of miss belvedere same color had a 413 in that one
Had a lot of cars in my time but the two I let go I wish I had today
One would be the 57 Plymouth and the other one would be my 1959 chevy El Camino with a 409
In all these year and all the car shows I have been I Never have seen a 57 Plymouth
Or a 59 El There has NOT been a day were I wish I had keep those two cars. They were cheep back then but today well lets just say the money is just not in my Budget as I am on SSI
They were a LOT of fun back then . I just wish before My time is up to get one more
Time to have some fun
Norm
Old 07-21-2011, 03:00 PM

Hi Norm, How are you doing?

As for regrets, I'll go with what Sinatra said: &quot;Regrets, I've had a few, but then again, too few to mention.&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]

I have a list of regretfully sold cars from over the years, ranging from the 71 hemicuda ragtop, to a pair of 71 six-barrel cuda ragtops, to the 71 hemicharger sunroof car, etc, but most of them I regret because I sold them long before they became valuable. (Which isn't a proper basis for a legitimate regret to be based upon, anyway).

So yes, Norm, I will regret selling this car if it does sell, since it has been part of the family for a quarter century, long before I had a wife, or kids, but if the funds go toward something important, like the kid(s) education, it's worth it.

The daughter wants to be an engineer, so if I can help her accomplish that goal, it's fine by me. Anyway she likes her great-grandmother's 75 Firebird better anyway, since that's the first car she ever drove.

...and I wouldn't trust the Charger to my boy. If you've seen him &quot;drive&quot; a lawnmower, you'd agree. It's more like watching a full scale version of pinball, the way he manages to crash into every tree on the property. The John Deere store has an running tab at the parts counter for all the things he's broken, so far this year. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Old 07-22-2011, 02:32 AM

Hi Steve I know what you mean Kids today think it’s a game watching too MUCH to fast and furious (Ha Ha)
A car like that charger you have to respect It is so fast that you have to know when NOT to get in to it and the street is NO playground for that baby
I am doing ok some days better some not as good
12 years living with pain every day is no picnic .I just try to ignore it but some times it just wins
The thing that gets me is I had a lot of really nice cars back in the 60s &amp;70s
Back then I could afford them/ they were cheep BUT today a lot of the are just out of reach
And I am getting to old and I am to banged up to find a fixer upper as they say and rebuild I did my share of building cars
Any way good luck withy your Charger hope it finds a good home
BY the way I did have a 68 charger R/T 440 sky blue white interior and the only Hemi I had was a 57 Chrysler 300 with a 392 Hemi (ANOTHER ONE I KICK MYSELF FOR EVER SELLING) That was one big car and fast to boot
Norm
Old 07-24-2011, 11:00 PM

Here's a quick video you can click on, of the Hemi starting up and idling. That is actually the stock-specification, Mopar Performance Hemi cam in there. Those headers really wake that engine up. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2011, 04:41 PM

Hey Steve Now that charger sounds sweet sounds like its ready to rock in roll
Wish I had the money if only to listen to it Ha Ha
Old 07-25-2011, 06:11 PM

I haven't figured out yet, how to make it a ringtone, but I'm working on it. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2011, 08:20 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't figured out yet, how to make it a ringtone, but I'm working on it. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img] </div></div>

If you have a I phone..my Daughter can make that happen! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]
1969 Chevelle 300 Deluxe 427 ZL-1 M 22W
1970 Olds 442 W 30 2 door post
1969 Ply. GTX 426 hemi auto. Blue.
1940 Dodge pick up Durango 4X4
1968 Camaro ragtop LSA ZL1
Old 07-26-2011, 02:23 AM

I have iPhone
Old 08-09-2011, 04:17 AM

Steve, I will never forget the moment I found the file for your car. As soon as I saw &quot;Charger R/T&quot; and &quot;Wickberg&quot; on the jacket, I knew it was for your car. I brought the folder home that day and showed my dad, the first thing he said was, you need to track the owner down and give him all this stuff. Then he called my uncle (who also worked at Suburban in 1970) and they told stories for hours about your car and all the other hot Dodge's they sold there.

Good luck with the sale (altho you know I feel connected to the car, and would hate to loose track of it). The fact that Dad prepped it and did other work on it, Suburban was my family dealership and Steve Martin (no...not that one)is a friend too. Not to mention every time I see it and touch it I get a warm feeling,

John