Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 12-08-2003, 04:24 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: On eBay 68 COPO camaro

DANA MAN,

Are you the owner of the car? I just got an email from the seller and this is what he told me:

THE CAR AND THE PAPERWORK ARE IN FL, I HONESTLY DO NOT KNOW WHAT I HAVE ,I JUST PUT IT ON EBAY TO SELL IT TO MAKE THE MOVE WITH MY FAMILY BACK TO FL FROM WI, ( I MAY HAVE TO END THE AUCTION TO GET THE PROPER DOCUMENTATION TO SELL THE CAR FOR WHAT I HAVE FOUND OUT IT'S WORTH) I DID NOT KNOW THE CAR WAS A COPO UNTIL A CAR DEALERSHIP OWNER HAD INTEREST IN THE CAR AND RAN ALL THE #'S AND LOOKED THROUGH MY PAPERWORK , AND THANK GOD HE LET ME KNOW WHAT I HAD TO THE BEST OF HIS KNOWLEDGE.

How did you get pictures of the docs?

Jason

Old 12-08-2003, 05:24 PM

The seller has 2 pictures of a repop door panel in the auction and none of the window sticker, pop or Dana hood...oops,I meant Southgate hood.
Old 12-08-2003, 05:47 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

[ QUOTE ]
DANA MAN,

Are you the owner of the car? I just got an email from the seller and this is what he told me:

THE CAR AND THE PAPERWORK ARE IN FL, I HONESTLY DO NOT KNOW WHAT I HAVE ,I JUST PUT IT ON EBAY TO SELL IT TO MAKE THE MOVE WITH MY FAMILY BACK TO FL FROM WI, ( I MAY HAVE TO END THE AUCTION TO GET THE PROPER DOCUMENTATION TO SELL THE CAR FOR WHAT I HAVE FOUND OUT IT'S WORTH) I DID NOT KNOW THE CAR WAS A COPO UNTIL A CAR DEALERSHIP OWNER HAD INTEREST IN THE CAR AND RAN ALL THE #'S AND LOOKED THROUGH MY PAPERWORK , AND THANK GOD HE LET ME KNOW WHAT I HAD TO THE BEST OF HIS KNOWLEDGE.

How did you get pictures of the docs?

Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was quoting the ad. I do not think he has the documentation, Correct?
Sam [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2003, 06:15 PM

Thanked 1,657 Times in 486 Posts

sounds like owner should hire a pro car detective to find out what it is [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2003, 05:59 AM

Put the paper work up! End of the problem, period.
Old 12-10-2003, 12:03 AM

Look at the registered dates of the posters on this subject.
There are at least 2 guys who just registered to this forum within days of this being posted??? All indicating somehow that the car is real. Does that sound suspicious??? Does to me.

An Factory 427 auto car with A/C from Calif with no documention??? I don't think so.

Old 12-10-2003, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look at the registered dates of the posters on this subject.
There are at least 2 guys who just registered to this forum within days of this being posted??? All indicating somehow that the car is real. Does that sound suspicious??? Does to me.

An Factory 427 auto car with A/C from Calif with no documention??? I don't think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd assume the board moderators (otherwise the site admin) could easily check the IPs to perhaps get some idea if the two new people are the same. I don't know that someone on Ebay (even though there's potentially a lot of money in it for them) has that high of a potential of posting on this and other various web boards where people might be posting about it. I could be wrong. Like others said, the guy says what he has, he should support those claims and show people the papers. Beyond that, it may as well not be the real deal anyway, so that's that. :-)
Old 12-10-2003, 09:15 PM

The RESERVE is met so lets see what happens now! I have talked to the owner, no POP yet, he doesn't know or anyone else what he really has. After him stating on ebay all that he has, now with the RESERVE met he I hope he has what he claims to have. He mentioned ending the auction early to get the facts straight about the car then re-list it. It should be interesting- hopefully the ending will be good, a legit car, and a car that will be found and saved.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:40 PM

Hey, Its "the nicest camaro of its kind in the world"! What more could you ask for? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2003, 09:59 PM

This picture to me has many holes. He has strong statements about numbers and no rust, etc. Like he knows the car, but does not supply the NEEDED items to clear the air. I would think he would want to show the needed doc's because it would add value to his sale. For someone to pay 50K or more with out the doc's seems ridiculous, unless the high bidder( maybe the person the owner states that told him what he has afer seeing the doc's)knows what's up.