Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Pay it Forward Classifieds

Please note

Old 04-12-2024, 10:37 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,175 Posts
Default Free radiator 68 El Camino with A/C

Free.

Worked fine. Overheated the first time I took it on a long trip, but it turned out to be a defective T-stat. It was 35 degrees F.

Since replacing the T-stat it has NEVER once overheated again.... BUT when I am towing a heavy load (over 4000#) it runs hot on 100 degree days. That is why I just replaced it with a true four row aluminum radiator. For what it is worth, the last time I towed a car, the load was 3900# and the outside temp was 97F. It never got over 195 degrees, and I drove 75 all the way home, about 150 miles. I just wanted more safety margin. If you are not towing, you are probably fine, although I never have run the AC with it, as I have not even installed my compressor.

This one is aluminum core with plastic tanks and cooling ports for auto trans. Obviously you can use it in a manual trans car, and just plug the trans cooler ports.

I still have the box i got with the four row radiator, so can pack it up in that.

Just pay actual shipping. I use pirate ship for stuff like this. Guessing (only a guess... my crystal ball is in the shop) shipping will be about $20 to $25.

If no one here wants it I will put it on CL for free.

It is a little over 28 inches from tank ridge to tank ridge, so if you have a Chevelle, GTO, Cutlass, etc. (pretty much any A body) from this time period and it did NOT come with factory AC, you can still use this, but you will need to buy a new top plate for the wider radiators.

Last edited by Lynn; 04-12-2024 at 10:39 PM.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...