Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Technical & Restoration

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2016, 03:51 AM

Default 70 l89 NOVA?

I found a 70 402 4 bolt today and the engine code is CKP when i reserched it it said 396 L89 400 turbo an the VIN is 10Wxxxxx..W being willow run..i thought only Novas where built there...is that right?..so i assumed it was from a 70 Nova..or could it be something else?

looking around, they say there are no documented L89 Novas known to exist..yes i saw the one that just sold..but there seems to be a lot of doubt its real...so..whatta i do with it?..the car is gone, so are the heads and the carb...i know where the heads are..i saw them on another car the guy owns...and arent for sale..ever he said..and i shrugged it off as no big deal, but with the car gone..and the heads unavail..its just a L78..whats opinions...or..is it so much more than just an L78???..

i really looked tyhe VIN and stamp over and looks authentic..large engine code..small font VIN..i believe its an authentic stamp..

please dont pound me with PMs on it..i dont own it yet..if i cant use it i will pass the lead on...i'm not to that point..and dont want to deal with all that right now..
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...