Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Sponsors > Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals

Old 11-29-2022, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,175 Times in 1,340 Posts

Although this is an annual event, Bob & Vicki work 365 days to make it what it has become. Keeping it fresh and current is no easy task!!! Congratulations and thank you to Bob and Vicki, participants, restorers , sponsors, judges, staff and spectators.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 11-29-2022, 09:09 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Agreed with Everyone, thanks Bob and Vicki for an absolutely awesome show! And also for developing new ideas. I brought my kids with me this year, and they decided to enter the inaugural "Youth Judging" event. They all got purple judges T-shirts, and then some of the MCACN judges took this group of kids over to 4 different cars where they were taught the judging process for each category of car. In other words these 4 cars weren't judged against each other, they were each judged against a scoresheet for that particular category of car. One car was a survivor, another had Day2 mods, and I believe the two others were restored to factory original. What a great way to get kids more knowledgeable about this hobby, and our kids had a blast! Kudos to Bob, Vicki, and the whole MCACN team for this fantastic idea and perfect execution!

- Wade

Last edited by cudino; 11-29-2022 at 11:45 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to cudino For This Useful Post:
Xplantdad (11-29-2022)
Old 12-02-2022, 03:23 PM

Thanked 1,042 Times in 331 Posts

Thanks for the kind words...this is my passion and it IS a 24/7 365 days a year endeavor. That is not a complaint as I am truly living my dream. With that being said, this isn't exactly Vicki's dream and as you all know, we could never pull this off without her. How she tolerates all of this is a mystery, but lucky for all of us she does, and she has already started on 2023 plans and improvements. As I often say, this is allways a "work in progress".

OK...I do occasionally take some time off to hit the lake, but certainly not enough!

Bashton
www.mcacn.com
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bashton For This Useful Post:
cudino (12-02-2022), dykstra (12-02-2022), Xplantdad (12-02-2022)
Old 12-02-2022, 03:30 PM

Thanked 1,042 Times in 331 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudino View Post
Agreed with Everyone, thanks Bob and Vicki for an absolutely awesome show! And also for developing new ideas. I brought my kids with me this year, and they decided to enter the inaugural "Youth Judging" event. They all got purple judges T-shirts, and then some of the MCACN judges took this group of kids over to 4 different cars where they were taught the judging process for each category of car. In other words these 4 cars weren't judged against each other, they were each judged against a scoresheet for that particular category of car. One car was a survivor, another had Day2 mods, and I believe the two others were restored to factory original. What a great way to get kids more knowledgeable about this hobby, and our kids had a blast! Kudos to Bob, Vicki, and the whole MCACN team for this fantastic idea and perfect execution!

- Wade
Thanks Wade; you and Aster have been such huge supporters of what we do in so many ways.

I have to say I'm really proud of what the new Youth Judging Program has become. I recruited Gary Kozlowski and his son Krzysztof (our youngest ever car owner/participant) to head this program and they really took ownership, with assistance from two of our younger staff members.

The folks that previously ran the program bailed on us (don't ask!) and left us in a tough position. I decided right then and there that we would kick things up, and the results were impressive. The owners that participated, the kids that joined us and the parental support was better than ever and I know we did the right thing by making sure this is a fun and educational program for everyone involved. This will only get better and I look forward to continuing to improve this program.

Bashton
www.mcacn.com
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bashton For This Useful Post:
cudino (12-02-2022), dykstra (12-02-2022), Steve Shauger (12-02-2022), Too Many Projects (12-02-2022), Xplantdad (12-02-2022)