Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 05-14-2023, 07:20 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna Joe View Post
Jay, I’d love to be able to speak to you at some time about the car.
Thank you for the help!
Roland had the car for about 12 years with the intent of restoring it. But I think life got in the way.
I actually went to high school with Jeff's brother John and I knew Jeff a little bit but not very well. I remember Rolland telling me he bought it. I vaguely remember seeing the car once back in the 90's at Jeff's house in Contoocook NH.
Old 05-14-2023, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Spears View Post
That car was built Oct 30 1969 ( according to the VIN) and titled 12/3/69 where was it for a month?
Good question
The sales contract shows the car was purchased Nov 15, 1969
That’s still 2 weeks
Old 05-14-2023, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamess113 View Post
What is confusing to me is that why didn't Roland apply for a title? It would have been very easy for him to do as he own the the car for some time after Jeff's passing. In NH you do not need a title to apply for a title, all you need is a bill of sale and a V.I.N. verification or a current registration. Any NH licensed dealer can do a TDMV19 and you don't have to give up that original title.

I have a customer in CT and he's an exporter of classic cars to Sweden. A lot of these cars are missing their titles. You don't need a title to export to Sweden but you do need a current registration so you can export it. So what we do is, I buy car from him, I would do the V.I.N. verification and then register the car. At that point I sell the car to his customer in Sweden. The only difference is I don't apply for the title but I can if we chose to do so after registering it because I now have a current registration and TDMV19 which is what you need to apply for a title in NH.

The Chevy II that I have posted here recently only has a CA title from 1988. The previous owner never registered or title the car in his 34 plus years of ownership. I don't want to give that original owner CA Title up and a copy as we know is not the same. I did V.I.N verification TDMV19, registered the car and summited that to the NH DMV with the TDMV 18 and we're just waiting for a title now. Its that easy, takes 4 to 6 weeks to get a title.
I have no idea why Roland didn’t title the car.
Being a classic car dealer, that should have been an easy thing to do.