Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 08-23-2003, 01:39 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default 69 COPO on Ebay

Does anyone have any info on this car?

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/...tem=2188925319
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 08-23-2003, 03:32 PM

Default Re: 69 COPO on Ebay

that car has been discussed here.
try a search here, i think it was at barrett 2 years back
Old 08-24-2003, 05:37 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

I have a 69 copo with similar documentation. That and the apparent restoration seems to to excellent. If i had the extra money and if it checked out to to real I would conside purchasing it. The color ( burnished brown ) has always been a big negaive for 69 camaros. The car looks awsome. i hope it's real !
Old 10-10-2003, 06:55 PM

I have a burnished brown rs copo with all documentation if you are interested it is the real deal

Old 10-11-2003, 12:59 AM

I was at the Kruse auction in Auburn when this car went thru on Labor Day. It's an OK car, nice driver, but not a show car. As I remember, it didn't have any smog eguipment, may have headers and had some surface rust on the floor of the trunk under a trunk mat. The numbers on the engine pad were painted over and not readable, but believe the MN code was there. Car seemed solid, decent paint and interior. Nice driver quality or better car. Believe it went thru at around $ 80K or a little less and didn't sell. The orange COPO that Wagner had there was a lot nicer car, as reflected by the price, $ 95K, as I remember. May see this car go thru again in the Nov 1 Kruse auction in Auburn, if anyone is interested.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:07 PM

this is not the burnished brown car that was at that auction . this car is a show quality car and has NO rust . that car was a clone with no docs. this car has everything you need . for more info contact doug arbour @954-941-4200

Old 10-16-2003, 10:45 PM

Doug

I was responding to Wondercluck's inquiry Re. the Hugger Orange, ex Reggie Jackson car, that was at the Kruse auction, not your Burnished Brown car. I know nothing about your car, therefore would not comment on it.

Vern Bauer
Old 10-17-2003, 01:08 AM

Vern,
That is the Brown COPO I had at my shop, Dale came down and spent about four hours with a magnifing glass, by the time he was done he had himself in one of of those rubbing his forehead modes trying to figure out how to own it.His opinion was it was one of the nicest COPO cars he had ever seen. Vern, how did he do on your Engine? Dale needs to get away from the vintage snowmobile kick and get back on his COPO, also wouldnt hurt to get back on the 34 3 window F**D, easy guys, it has an 800+ HP BB Rat motor, when that SOB hooks all you can see is blue sky or clouds. Someday when Dale comes out of the 19th century he will get a computer, he will reside in the tech section, knows every part#, casting number, spec and tolerance, speaks his own language, and knows how to bring HP out of any engine like nothing I have ever seen. Vern can tell you this is no story, the 34 F**D once had a nailhead Buick with D port heads and Hillborn injection that was a high 9 low 10 car consistant. Any you guys ever want a engine that is durable and makes more power then you could possibly believe, get in touch with Vern or I and we will hook you up with the best there is. Currently doing a ZL-1,when that debuts it will reign in factory stock against the same stock cars. His brother was a national record holder in AA Fuel, his father held many records and was one of the founders of the sport back in the late forties and early fifties. I am attaching a link to a photo from the late fifties or very early sixties of my friend Dale's brother, after racing the modified coupe in the photo, he went on to AA Fuel Dragsters, he unfortunatly met his fate in a front engine AA Fuel rail when the front suspension came undone and repeatedly swung back hitting him in the head as it was still attached by the long steering rod from the cockpit to the front axle. I wont mention last names here out of respect for the family. but I am sure many of you here that were around then may recognize a young version of a true pioneer, he was in many magazines during the sixties. At any rate, his younger brother, who is not so young these days, in one of the last from a family that really helped to make our hobby what it is today. I have known my friend Dale for thirty years, when we were kids at 10 to 12 I was messing with mini bikes and Dale was working with his brother and dad on AA Fuel Dragsters. I wandered way of course on this post, I mentioned Dale's COPO and him checking out the Brown COPO, and next thing you know I am traveling down memory lane. Occasionally it is a good thing to pay a moments tribute to the guys who endured struggle and suffering to make this hobby what it is today, let us not forget the pioneers who never quit in the face of adversity to keep the spirt alive for the future generations to enjoy. Dale was lucky, he found a Camaro body in a barn that had been trimmed out as a Z-28, turned out to be a Dusk Blue Glockner Chevy COPO, one build number off the Burgandy COPO that just sold on Ebay. Are they still out there? Hell yes they are, a little over a year ago he found his, price.......? An unbearable $3500. Just like the original gearheads never said never, today in this hobby we have to have the same determined attitude. If it was easy, anyone could do it!
Motown [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif[/img]
http://www.boomspeed.com/ezmatt/DSC02651.JPG
Old 10-17-2003, 01:39 AM

Matt

I've been trying to get him off the vintage snomobiles and back on the blue car also. Hopefully it will be running at the track at a Reunion sometime in the near future. I told him a while back that I would NEVER get in the front seat
of his 34 with him. Although I haven't know him as long as you, I have great respect for his abilities and knowledge. There is supposed to be part one of a two part series re. the restoration of his car coming in Super Chevy in January.

Vern
Old 10-17-2003, 03:28 AM

Whats the matter Vern, ya Scared? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] The last time I was in that 34 when we took off my Sunglasses blew right off my head out the hole where the back window is supposed to be.....I have been around the fastest cars on the planet most of my life, use to run a Willys B Gasser in the high 7's and low 8's, but I have never felt nothing like that 34 during a launch with the slicks warmed up. I dont even want to venture a guess what that 800+ HP rat would turn in that 34 considering he was seeing high 9's and 10's with a Buick Nailhead! By the way guys, its a full fendered steel body!
Motown [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]