Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 08-31-2009, 06:16 AM

Default Re: 2010 Yenko/SC Camaro

As I continue to follow this post I certainly hope that no one has mistaken what I have said as words of discouragement for this project. My single comment was intended as a compliment to the SCW team as I think that their impact in the hobby is so strong that a new car from Brian and Co. would surely be something to be seen. If my posts are out of line then Tom please remove them.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't call Sam, Darren or any one else, but my wife as well as some paid business and legal advisors prior to legally purchasing the rights to "Nickey", resigning my corporate job and setting out to try and bring back a brand name in the Super Car and Hi-Performance parts business. I also haven't asked for their opinions regarding my current business plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 08-31-2009, 06:25 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Darren, no problem.

I knew from the get go not everyone would approve of the project, and expected some negative feedback. I will admit however I was a little surprised by a couple of posts.

The majoirty of us on here are "family", so even if we disagree, I ask that when posting, we respect each other's opinions and remember all of us have feelings.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:35 AM

I had the pleasure of experiencing the high performance solid lift building at Carlisle this year and can tell you this, it was one of the most exciting and impressive car venues I have ever attended at Carlisle. Hopefully we will be able to see one of these SCW "color change" 700 hp 2010 commemorative Yenkos at next years GM Nationals at Carlisle
Old 08-31-2009, 06:41 AM

I want to apologize to Tom and everyone else for the comments I made. I guess I didn't read everything posted here and assumed a few things that I shouldn't have. I stepped over the line. While I still don't totally agree with using the Yenko name I want to wish everyone luck in this venture. Please feel free to delete the earlier post I made. Once again, I'm sorry.
James
Old 08-31-2009, 06:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had the pleasure of experiencing the high performance solid lift building at Carlisle this year and can tell you this, it was one of the most exciting and impressive car venues I have ever attended at Carlisle. Hopefully we will be able to see one of these SCW "color change" 700 hp 2010 commemorative Yenkos at next years GM Nationals at Carlisle

[/ QUOTE ]

Hum..a matched pair of HO Yenkos would be kind of cool.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:46 AM

[/ QUOTE ]
Hum..a matched pair of HO Yenkos would be kind of cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it would
Old 08-31-2009, 06:53 AM

To clarify and respond to some of the total BS and uncalled for negative comments.

This forum and the sYc club Tom started with the WRITTEN permission of the Yenko family is and always has been a NOT FOR PROFIT business entity based out of Missouri. It is to the best of my knowledge the only organization the rightful owners to the Yenko intellectual property rights that being the Yenko heirs have ever authorized to use the Yenko name. It exists only to provide an accurate data base and create a tribute to the cars Don Yenko built.

It is similar to the Shelby American Auto Club (SAAC) in that it has a data base for determining the history and accuracy of cars claiming to be original Yenko's. But differs in that SAAC is I believe a for profit entity and the operators make a good living off SAAC and they of course earn every penny more power to them.

But for some to imply Tom is going to get rich or profit to any degree off these 2010 tribute cars is just using their freedom of speech rights to be harmful to people who volunteer their time both on this forum and off so that we can enjoy our so called super cars. Some of you really need to do some homework before you take these kinds of shots.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:54 PM

Seems one of the concerns in regards to the 2010 Yenko Camaro project is who will profit from it. Well, as BKH pointed, most likely no one, at least to any great extent. But I do appreciate those who have voiced their concerns, stating that they feel that the Yenko family should be entitled to something, which I agree, 100%.

So. I ask that you take this concern one step farther, asking such folks as Mr. Barber, ClassicAutomotive on here, the one who marketed the ’69 continuation Yenko Camaro, how much his company has sent the Yenko family’s way. On a much bigger note, through the years, Classic Camaro/General Marketing Capital has registered the Yenko name for many, many products. Ask Mr. Barber, who has been their spokesperson on here, how much the Yenko family receives from Yenko merchandise they market.

And something that very well could affect all who are part of the sYc. General Marketing has just recently registered sYc for use on several products, including t-shirts, with out the club’s knowledge, nor permission. How many of you out there have helped support the sYc through the purchase of a sYc t-shirt, cap or other club merchandise? Because the sYc operates on a very tight budget, the loss of these types of sales will be critical. Our sponsors, as well as a few other folks, pay a small fee to be associated with the club, using the sYc logo to show their support of the club, once again a blow to the club if we prevented, or at least limited, in how we can use the sYc mark.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:29 PM

Doing a little checking boys. Classic camaro AKA Classic Industries is one and the same. They currently have 172 YENKO items for sale!!!! So how much is going to the Yenko Family???