Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 08-27-2009, 07:18 PM

Default Re: 2010 Yenko/SC Camaro

Don is passed, Cannonsburg is no longer. Let Yenko have the respect he deserves and call it something else. These are NOT Yenko Camaros and never will be. I read that Denoyer ( sp ? ) Chevy is making there own Hi Po versions . I respect that idea, but not Yenko's...Just my 2 cents
Old 08-27-2009, 07:22 PM

Thanked 5,357 Times in 1,880 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you going to have one on display at SEMA this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bruce..that is something we would love to do, and have discussed, but we will need to work out a few details first. We think we can get a car completed (including 427 engine) by then, but then getting it there and back, and the biggee..booth space.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tom, here's the link. I know that they still have space available for vendors...as we inquired not too long ago.

I will be at SEMA for the duration this year...as they offer some great classes for marketing folks...both at the show and online before the show!

Exhibitor info at SEMA-Click HERE!
Old 08-27-2009, 07:27 PM

I understand that GM didnt build the Yenko's, But Im sure they worked close with Don Yenko. However, In previous threads, this site stressed the fact that if Don Yenko did not build the car or if it wasnt built at Yenko Chevrolet that it was not a true Yenko and could not be called a Yenko. So, my question again is, how is it now that you can build a 2010 Yenko Camaro and call it that.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:50 PM

paceme....inregards to your comment concerning Classic sells the stripe kit and you can put it on a Hugo, you are correct. However you cannot under the trademark stripe the car for business/commercial sale or transaction. Selling a stripe verses sell "cars" is entirly different. Someone needs to check there facts further. I have been through this. I would check this before you get a SEMA booth, there is a 50% non refundable deposit. Everyone is going to hate me for making this statement......I have also seen cars ceased at the conclusion of the show for various infactions. It is done very quitely, but it is done. Freindly advice to those involved have your ducks in a row before you attempt anything. Hey, but what do I know, everytime I am on this site I am wrong about something! As others say...just my 2 cents.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:57 PM

Tom,

This sounds like a great project. I feel confident it will be extremely successful based on the folks backing this program up. Nothing like living in the USA with private enterprise. Where do I sign up???

J-man
Old 08-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,342 Posts

My input was never intended to answer that specific question, I was just correcting/clarifying your other statements.

I'm not sure why you're stuck on this issue or why you feel it is such a critical issue. Why don't you start by answering that question...

The new proposed cars are a completely new platform that can't be mistaken for the originals and time will tell if they can stand on their own.

As Tom stated everyone here is entitled to their opinion. This site is geared towards preservation and recognition of original cars which is why the cloning of original Yenko's was not embraced by our members.

[ QUOTE ]
I understand that GM didnt build the Yenko's, But Im sure they worked close with Don Yenko. However, In previous threads, this site stressed the fact that if Don Yenko did not build the car or if it wasnt built at Yenko Chevrolet that it was not a true Yenko and could not be called a Yenko. So, my question again is, how is it now that you can build a 2010 Yenko Camaro and call it that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 08-27-2009, 08:46 PM

I appreciate the clarification. I believe I have stated why I think it’s critical; again, based on the simple fact that Don Yenko is dead and will not be building, endorsing, or participating in the project does not make it a Yenko. This is base on previous post from this web site. Now, if Tom or anyone else gets permission from the person who owns the Yenko name, then and only then in my opinion can it legally be called a Yenko. If the new buzz word is "new platform," or if you use continuation, clone, tribute, or whatever pops into your head the fact still remains base on early discussions on this site the car will never be a Yenko morally, but it could be a Yenko legally. Just my opinion.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:50 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Have Don's daughter/grandson build/put stripes on...then it's a Yenko...
Old 08-27-2009, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I appreciate the clarification. I believe I have stated why I think it’s critical; again, based on the simple fact that Don Yenko is dead and will not be building, endorsing, or participating in the project does not make it a Yenko. This is base on previous post from this web site. Now, if Tom or anyone else gets permission from the person who owns the Yenko name, then and only then in my opinion can it legally be called a Yenko. If the new buzz word is "new platform," or if you use continuation, clone, tribute, or whatever pops into your head the fact still remains base on early discussions on this site the car will never be a Yenko morally, but it could be a Yenko legally. Just my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree AMC but I'thinking a lot of guys here really don't care so long as they have a new Camaro with " Yenko " on it somewhere. They then can some how convince themselves that it's a real " Yenko " It's a shame to even consider doing this...
Old 08-27-2009, 11:13 PM

This car is built by GM not China. I would consider it more of a Yenko than the China 69 body.