Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > In Memoriam

Old 06-20-2006, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Ok guys.. I have some super bad news.. Please

Very sad to here the news. I never met him but he seemed to be a great guy and a great asset to our community, he will be missed. As far as the theft goes something is fishy. This is no ordinary theft theres more to this story. I could see one car but everything gone??, no somethings wrong here.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:58 PM

Default Re: Ok guys.. I have some super bad news.. Please help

I am very sad to hear that Larry passed and furious knowing that his cars and property were stolen. When I was a "newbie" to this website, Larry had reached out to me. Seeing that I live on Long Island and the same town as Joel Rosen, he was hoping that I had some information about his Baldwin Motion Corvettes or whether I knew the cars from years ago or even some past owners. We spoke on the phone and through e-mails. Everytime, I would go to a local swap meet or car show, I would browse through the Corvette section in an effort to find a particular magazine that Larry was looking for or anything that may have pertained to his cars. His dream of restoring the Corvettes to their former glory, were never fulfilled. May he rest in peace.

Attached Images

Old 06-20-2006, 08:39 PM

All the kind words are crtainly appreciated, in Larry's behalf. He was, indeed, a prince of a guy whose memory does not deserve to be desecrated as it was by the theft of his "crown jewels."

As I stated in my previous post, I spent quite a bit of time where the cars were kept while the police and detectives "dusted" the logical spots and items for fingerprints. An investigation locally will definately happen. Heck the detective on site was not even a car guy and he was livid after the descriptions of the cars were given to him!!

As Ed so perfectly stated, it was Larry, Ed and myself. Kinda like the Three Musketeers. I know this - I am not fully in comprehension about Larry being gone in the first place. Seeing the empty building - of cars, anyhow - was like losing him all over again. He will be terribly missed.

Where the long reaching affect of the internet will be a bonus, in this case, is the cars stolen I would now imagine are not disposable. Tell all you know about this despicable act and hopefully the cars will be found and retrieved.

Thanks for bearing with me. I hate thieves!!

Perry
Old 06-20-2006, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very sad to here the news. I never met him but he seemed to be a great guy and a great asset to our community, he will be missed. As far as the theft goes something is fishy. This is no ordinary theft theres more to this story. I could see one car but everything gone??, no somethings wrong here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry to hear about the loss of Pantera.. I agree with Murray, if you look at the pictures that were posted of the cars in the garage, it looks like it would take some time to get them out of there... Look at the facts, they stated that the enclosed trailer had no wheels on it??? Plus the corvette that was wrecked in the front?? Also the pictures show alot of stuff stacked up around the cars.. This looks like the theives have been there before... Where is the garage located??? Is it in the sticks or a very populated area??? Kinda strange everything is gone after his death??? I hope they find the cars...
Old 06-20-2006, 08:54 PM

Anyone have any contacts with Hemmings? Their monthly muscle mag would be a good place to get the word out. Or maybe in that e-newsletter they mail around?

Any NCRS guys hanging out here? Good write-up in the NCRS monthly mag, with pics, would be another way to get all the Vette guys to keep an eye out.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:06 PM

Anyone who knew the cars were there, knew Larry was gone, how and when to get them all out without anyone noticing, AND knew to get into the house, which was in a different location. Its interesting they also knew WHERE the titles were for everything within the house...I'm no detective, but I'd think it would be a safe guess to say the culprit or culprits are people who had alot of information that random thieves wouldn't have.
x Baldwin Motion (04-26-2020)
Old 06-20-2006, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who knew the cars were there, knew Larry was gone, how and when to get them all out without anyone noticing, AND knew to get into the house, in a different location, knew WHERE the titles were for everything within the house...the culprit or culprits are people who had alot of information that random thieves wouldn't have.

[/ QUOTE ]
Something smells fishy!!!!
Old 06-20-2006, 09:24 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,780 Times in 1,012 Posts

How is it he died on May 18th and we didn't find out till a month later ?
Old 06-20-2006, 09:32 PM

Thanked 3,892 Times in 1,005 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
How is it he died on May 18th and we didn't find out till a month later ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! Myself and several others have been asking this very same question. I am sure there are at least a few guys that would have wanted to attend his funeral at the very least.
Rick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
Old 06-20-2006, 09:59 PM

Thanked 2,408 Times in 760 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have any contacts with Hemmings? Their monthly muscle mag would be a good place to get the word out. Or maybe in that e-newsletter they mail around?

Any NCRS guys hanging out here? Good write-up in the NCRS monthly mag, with pics, would be another way to get all the Vette guys to keep an eye out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I already forwarded the link to this site to the editor at Hemmings Muscle Machines and to the editor at Musclecar Enthusiast.