Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Technical & Restoration

Old 10-18-2004, 02:57 PM

Default Reproduction Crossrams

Here is a quote from an auction by Heartbeat City about reproducing the crossram intakes. What will this do to the values of these parts?
James

HEARTBEAT CITY CURRENTLY OWNS THE ORIGINAL TOOLING AND MOLDS/Patterns to the Original Crossram intake manifold. This would be the same tool used to make the intake manufactured in 1969. This is NOT anything like the pieces recently advertised on ebay with welded on part numbers and snowflakes and who knows what other customizing has been done to them.

Heartbeat City is 1-2 weeks away from having intakes available here on ebay. They will be sold complete with carbs and air cleaners. Every single part to mount them and run them will be included. STAY TUNED!

THEY WILL BE ON EBAY WHEN THEY'RE AVAILABLE.
Old 10-18-2004, 03:48 PM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts
Default Re: Reproduction Crossrams

We Beat this topic around already here: Take a look.

https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/show...o=&fpart=1

Phil
Old 10-19-2004, 05:43 AM

I would guess that what Jfkheat means is that if these are exact and I mean exactly like the originals and even the most critical eye can't tell the difference then what happens to the value? I would assume that trademark and part number infringents were taken care of when the original tooling was purchased Still, IMO nothing beats original parts, even if the repops are exact. Deep down inside the buyer knows they are not. I guess no harm is done if people are honest about where the parts originated.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...if these are exact and I mean exactly like the originals and even the most critical eye can't tell the difference then what happens to the value

[/ QUOTE ]

If they are, they'd be the first repro part I can think of that a trained eye can't tell from original. Another factor would be the number produced, and the price... My guess would be these would still be made in very small quantities, and priced nearly as high as originals... no one's going to go through the hassle of reproducing them to give them away. I still say original parts will always be original parts and the guys paying the big money are doing so BECAUSE they are original GM parts. IMO the value of these parts will never be harmed by reproduction pieces, copies, or fakes.