Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Chevrolet

Old 01-24-2024, 02:16 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,835 Times in 746 Posts

Bill, that was Barrett Jackson 2005 and I was one of the three people in the stands with the boys from Austin. Here's your partner in crime (who spent his money on this Corvette before the LS6 sold).
Terry was quite a guy and you were both buying and selling Corvettes when I was still doing wheelies on my Schwinn StingRay.
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TimG For This Useful Post:
Big Block Bill (01-24-2024), dykstra (01-24-2024), napa68 (01-24-2024), olredalert (01-24-2024)
Old 01-24-2024, 02:57 AM
Administrator

Thanked 6,077 Times in 1,321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Block Bill View Post
Tim,

Corvettes like yours sell best to a TRUE "Corvette Guy" who understands what he's buying, not some guy who is liquored up at 8:30 on a Friday night trying to impress his "Niece" he has on his shoulder (I have seen this way to many time s at auctions). This car is one of a hand full of cars that can make the claims Your's can so it going to go to someone who understand it's pedigree. I applaud you for going for the 5th Star, I wish I did the Bowtie judging with my Founding Benchmark 1967 Lynndale Roadster I sold to Tom O'Grady but I had to leave some "Meat on the Bone" for him. Good luck you Sir, it is a SPECIAL Corvette and deserves what you are doing for All of the Corvette hobby to see. Bill
Very well said Bill. Tim makes every car he touches better, and a true passionate enthusiast, and asset to the hobby.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Steve Shauger For This Useful Post:
67since67 (01-24-2024), Big Block Bill (01-24-2024), dykstra (01-24-2024), napa68 (01-24-2024), olredalert (01-24-2024), RPOLS3 (01-24-2024)
Old 01-24-2024, 10:10 AM

Thanked 1,560 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimG View Post
Bill, that was Barrett Jackson 2005 and I was one of the three people in the stands with the boys from Austin. Here's your partner in crime (who spent his money on this Corvette before the LS6 sold).
Terry was quite a guy and you were both buying and selling Corvettes when I was still doing wheelies on my Schwinn StingRay.
CARNDOG!! Man I miss that guy! What a character. I remember riding shotgun in Terry’s ‘68-‘69 L-89 down to Bloomington Gold when I was around 11 years old. Great memories!!
Sorry for the thread hijack
2013 Corvette Grand Sport 60th Anniversary
-Delivered to Bill Jacobs Chevrolet, Joliet, IL
NCRS#66003

“Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don’t.”-Pete Seeger

http://dykstramotorsports.weebly.com/index.html
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dykstra For This Useful Post:
67since67 (01-24-2024), napa68 (01-24-2024), olredalert (01-24-2024), RPOLS3 (01-24-2024)
Old 01-24-2024, 02:06 PM

Thanked 3,755 Times in 1,592 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimG View Post
----Remember you being there, Tim. Got that LS6 in trade on Red Alert. I fluffed it and went thru the engine and it came out nice, I think. People seemed to like it. Sure do miss Terry. He was one of a kind and a really good friend to his passing, as well as a good Irishman. Damn cancer. That was a hard one! Thanks for the great pic!....Bill S

Last edited by olredalert; 01-24-2024 at 02:09 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to olredalert For This Useful Post:
Big Block Bill (01-25-2024), dykstra (01-25-2024), napa68 (01-24-2024), RPOLS3 (01-24-2024)
Old Yesterday, 04:43 PM
SCR Sponsor

Thanked 3,065 Times in 901 Posts

In the last few weeks, I've had a couple of things develop on the 70.

First of all, I found the 2nd registered owner, as well as the 3rd owners Son. The 2nd owner was Mr. Harry Fenwick of Bloomsburg, PA. Mr. Fenwick and I spoke and had quite the enjoyable conversation. Mr. Fenwick informed me the car was traded back into Sherwood Chevrolet (original selling dealer) in approximately 1976. At his time of purchase, the car had about 4800 miles on it. Mr. Fenwick was of the opinion the OO (Robert Ryan) was a fair amount older than he. Mr. Fenwick sold the car in 1978 with approximately 6000 miles. His reason for selling was, he feared he could not maintain the car's condition properly due to storage limitations. Mr. Fenwick sold the car to Buster Dent of Alan Dent Used Cars also of Bloomsburg.

The car was purchased by it's 3rd owner Mr. Richard Laubach of Quakertown, PA. Mr. Laubach used the car sparingly until it was stored away in 1985. Mr. Laubach maintained ownership until 2018. I recently located Mr. Laubach's son Rick. Rick informed me his Dad had passed last year. Rick also provided me with the pic attached, as well as the paperwork from when his Dad sold the car in 2018 to Ken Riley of Modern Classic Auto Sales in Lakewood, NJ. Mr. Riley later consigned the car to Mecum for their auction in Indy 2018.

It was Indy 2018 where the car was purchased by a friend of mine in Indiana. The car was later sold to another friend of mine located in Long Island.

And speaking of Long Island, I have been in contact with our own Steve Shauger. After MCACN, there was a few items of uncertainty that needed review. Steve on his own accord investigated a few detail items of the 70. That in turn improved the score of the car to achieve the "Time Capsule" award.

I must give a shout out to Steve and his team. I am of the opinion Vintage Certification is the most invasive judging the car has undergone to this point. Ironically, many of the same people that judged the car for Bloomington Gold and NCRS, judged the car for MCACN Gold and Vintage Certification. The Vintage Certification criteria versus NCRS Bowtie and Bloomington Benchmark, is far less forgiving for it's top awards. When one then considers how many different marques / models are judged in Vintage Certification, it strikes me as an overwhelming task. Thank you Steve for your thorough and methodical approach.

In the 1st weekend of May, I'll be traveling with the 70 to Cedar Rapids, Iowa for the next chapter in judging. This will be the NCRS Performance Verification. This again is a very invasive, and unforgiving form of judging. This judging is known to cause ulcers The car is VERY strong mechanically and feel is has a good chance to pass on it's first attempt. Here is a link that explains........
https://www.ncrs.org/services/judgin...hp#Performance

If all goes well in Iowa (which I am not taking for granted), Tracey and I will be off to Hampton Roads, VA in August of this year. At that point, we will be ungoing the judging for the car's final award, that being the NCRS Duntov Mark of Excellence Award.
https://www.ncrs.org/services/judging-awards.php#DUNTOV

As a side note, the 2nd owner Harry Fenwick will be joining Tracey and I at the NCRS National event. Mr. Fenwick has proven to be VERY enthusiastic and supportive of Tracey and I, to say nothing for the car. All of that, with the back drop of the NCRS 50th Anniversary National event, should prove to be a special occassion.
Attached Images

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to napa68 For This Useful Post:
67since67 (Yesterday), 69M22Z (Yesterday), Big Block Bill (Yesterday), Crush (Yesterday), Dave Rifkin (Today), dykstra (Today), L78_Nova (Today), olredalert (Today), Too Many Projects (Yesterday), Z282NV (Today)