Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Technical & Restoration

Old 01-23-2023, 06:30 PM

Default Best visually similar idler arm for 69Z28 restoration

Hello community. I had this posted over at camaro forum but hoping maybe the topic rings familiar here as well.

I am at the point of putting the suspension back together for a 69Z. This is a resurrection (from the dead) project with the goal of eventually judging the restoration so originality is primary for me.

The recently released judging manual only has an 8 point deduction against originality so I'm curious to know what others have done to overcome suspension wear items. Obviously NOS is an option but before I go that route, I'd like to hear from others.

The original 'born with' parts are on the car, such as the pitman, idler, center link, steering arms, etc and have factory part numbers - which is what I'm after.

Following Chicks build, the Brooklyn build and others of similar levels, they've restored the original parts, but my idler arm is plum to far worn and needs to be replaced.

From my research, the replacement options are Moog, TRW and RareParts. Anyone done a similar restoration and had to use aftermarket pieces? Were you happy, or disappointed in some ways, on the options? Which vendor do you like best?

Happy for any insight anyone can share!
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...