Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Mopar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2022, 09:22 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts
Default 2022 Heck-Kitty Redeye

I have been anticipating the build of my narrow body Redeye that I ordered on 02/17/22.

I decided to order one of these monsters since it appears that we are in the final stages of the second age of the dinosaurs and the upcoming extinction event that is to happen next year at Stellantis (formerly known as Dodge).

It is 1971 once again, and this the last chance to get your 426 Hemi in a new car. Only this time you can get something that has the power of two 426 hemis. :-)

Things seem to have progressed rapidly, as I believe I just dodged (no pun intended) a bullet in the last 24 hours as Dodge just announced to the dealers that it has prohibited any new orders on the widebody Hellcat, Redeye, Superstock, and Jail Break models without explanation just yesterday morning.

Here's the progress, which appears to be quite rapid from what others have gone through at the Hellcat.org site.

02/17/2022 order date Vehicle Order Number (VON) received from Koons Dodge in Tysons Corner, VA

02/18/2022 VIN assigned, D status

03/16/2022 D1 status with estimated ship date of 03/30/2022

03/29/2022: Production status E finished, currently located at station G (trim)

03/30/2022: Pending final inspection I status

Here's the actual code listing schematic:

Scheduled:
C – Tentative schedule. Your order is "subfirm". The plant can see the order at this point but it's not fully committed to building as the supplier may or may not be able to get parts to the plant to build the vehicle.
D – Firm schedule: serial number assigned. Firm order. Your order now has a name instead of a number:
D1 – Gate line: unit sequenced for production, est. ship date assigned.
The date is set for your car to be built. The plant knows when it should have parts sequenced for building and it should start to be built within 48 hours of the date set.
D2 - It's going to be built. The computers are being programmed, materials are being sequenced, framing is about to occur.

Build:
E – Framing. Metal is welded together to form the body and frame. The body is inspected at the end of this step to ensure it's within tolerances.
F – Paint. The metal is coated, primed, sprayed, clearcoated, polished, inspected, and hand finished if necessary.
G – Trim. The engine is installed in the chassis, the interior is installed, the chassis is mated to the body. At the end of this, your new vehicle is built.

Built:
I – unit built, pending final inspection. Your vehicle goes through a battery of shakedown tests and measurements are taken to ensure the vehicle looks and performs as expected.
J – Vehicle passed final inspection but not released to carrier
JB – shipped to body vendor. JB/KZP-The vehicle is sent off to upfitters.
JE – shipped to emissions
JJ – consigned to body vendor
JS – shipped to storage
KZ – released by plant and invoiced. The car is ready to be shipped. The dealer is actually charged for the car. As you all know, this can be a source of delay. Typically you see me put two statuses here: Awaiting Shipment and "Staged for Shipment".

Dodge has an SRT Call Center hotline (885) 778-8326 where you can call them and get an update on what the current status of your order is, but they arent allowed to give you the exact status code. (Allegedly) although I have had some fun creatively getting around that edict, and the hotline operators seem to have a sense of humer and enjoy a good conversation. Here's how it went this morning:

Today I got a wonderful lady of my age range and we basically played a game of Jeopardy. It was hysterical. I said "Well, I know you can't give the status code but my car was in the trim line in G status a short while ago, so if my car left the prexisting spot it was in at last check-in, and was moving at a preterminined proprietary assembly line speed, would the current status be between the letters of G and lets say J?" She laughed and said: "I plead the Fifth". She was awesome. I hope I get her tomorrow when I call. Her name has been changed to protect the innocent. I'll call her "Elvira".

Last edited by njsteve; 03-30-2022 at 10:24 PM.
Attachments - The Supercar Registry transcipt dodge chat.jpg Tracking Website 11-15-22 edit.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6632a.jpg thumbnail_IMG_4517.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...