Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Olds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2024, 04:34 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default It's just a Cutlass...

After selling my '67 GTO survivor last fall, I wanted something within my budget (cheap!) to play with. Some photos of this '71 Cutlass Supreme survivor popped up in a Facebook group taken by a member that was at a Goodguys car show in Loveland, CO this past September. The owner selling the car had bought it from the estate of whom she thought was original owner (more on that later). So I called the number posted in the photo of the for sale sign and spoke with her and she sent me some additional photos. After viewing them, I decided to pass on it as she was firm on her price at that time. She told me that if it didn't sell at her price, she would then list the car on Bring a Trailer. I kept in contact with her as I was still interested in the car and planned to bid on it when it did finally list on BAT. It just happened to be the week of MCACN and was ending on that Saturday of the show which I attended. I got the 30 minute notice from BAT that it was ending soon right in the middle of bullshitting with my Pontiac buddies and I almost missed it! I had to step away and sit down to bid with minutes left to go and ended up winning the auction. I ended up paying less than what she wanted initially which turned out to be the reserve after BAT kicking in $500 to make the sale, I had no idea they even did that. Anyway, I was happy and got myself a nice 32K mile Cutlass Supreme at a fair price. I'll attach several photos here showing the car being delivered and how untouched this car is under the hood with almost all of it's original components still in place. And also some photos during my cleanup process. Of course you can go to BAT and look at the seller's photos there as well. I have much more that I want to clean up on the car, but that will come later with warmer weather on the way.
Attached Images

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to grantprix For This Useful Post:
1967Z28 (03-09-2024), 60sStuff (03-08-2024), 67since67 (03-07-2024), carnut4life (03-08-2024), Damien (03-07-2024), Dave Rifkin (03-07-2024), dustinm (03-08-2024), juliosz (03-09-2024), L_e_e (03-08-2024), PeteLeathersac (03-07-2024), RPOLS3 (03-07-2024), Tenney (03-07-2024), Too Many Projects (03-07-2024)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry waynemobile.jpg Lease Paperwork.jpeg Lease Buyout Invoice.jpg IMG_1593.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...