Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 06-07-2005, 07:05 PM

Default Re: Unrestored 1970 LS6 What's it Worth

[ QUOTE ]
Ebays just a tool to get 10,000 people in 7 days to look at a car you have for sale.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how I view cars on E Bay...good advertising is all.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:26 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ebays just a tool to get 10,000 people in 7 days to look at a car you have for sale.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Manipulation is a better word. Its almost like the old stock market pump and dump. Very easy for dealers to create an inflated market with artificial bidding. If you watch you will see the same cars over and over again. Id like to know how many really get sold.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:49 PM
Banned

Is it unusual to have an LS6 motor not match the protect-o-plate on original cars? It appears that the motor on this car is --12CRR but the protect-o-plate is T0210CRR. I've heard this is not unusual on some cars. Mis-typed protect-o-plates?
Mark
Old 06-07-2005, 07:51 PM

Sean

Just curious, how does putting a car on ebay that has never been offered for sale on the internet diminish it's value? I don't see it any different than Hemmings, Autotrader or any venue for selling a car. I agree If a car lives on any venue for months and month and months it brings a lot of questions to mind. But being listed one time, I don't see it having any more neg. effect than having it on any other site or in any other publication. Plus, I don't know of anything that happens on ebay that forces a potential buyer to pay more for a car than they are willing to pay. People just need to take ebay with a grain of salt and for what it is a medium for displaying cars for sale nothing more. JMO

Rick

Old 06-07-2005, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sean

Just curious, how does putting a car on ebay that has never been offered for sale on the internet diminish it's value? I don't see it any different than Hemmings, Autotrader or any venue for selling a car. I agree If a car lives on any venue for months and month and months it brings a lot of questions to mind. But being listed one time, I don't see it having any more neg. effect than having it on any other site or in any other publication. Plus, I don't know of anything that happens on ebay that forces a potential buyer to pay more for a car than they are willing to pay. People just need to take ebay with a grain of salt and for what it is a medium for displaying cars for sale nothing more. JMO

Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

"People just need to take ebay with a grain of salt and for what it is a medium for displaying cars for sale nothing more."

nicely said Rick, there are many buyers that do not know there way around the net but they know how to type in "e bay", car may not sell at auction but it will put serious buyers in touch with a seller then they can go from there if they like.

Bud
Old 06-07-2005, 08:05 PM

Mark

Actually the protect-o-plate has the data for a CRE 350/300hp TH-350 El Camino, the next car in line. It's weird. But this is the POP that came with this car. As you can see it's stamped into the LS6's build sheet.

Rick

Old 06-07-2005, 08:07 PM

Rick..........that 70 BB Nova was just beautiful.......your Chevelle is fantastic......I can't wait to see what's next...!!!!
WOW.........
ktownkid
Old 06-07-2005, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Manipulation is a better word. Its almost like the old stock market pump and dump. Very easy for dealers to create an inflated market with artificial bidding. If you watch you will see the same cars over and over again. Id like to know how many really get sold.

[/ QUOTE ] My thoughts exactly Sam. Lets get the friends and relatives to bid just below the set reserve. That being said. It doesn't change the fact that this is one of the most interesting LS6 Chevelles on the market today. I just feel with other venues their is a price listed. Transperancy works for me. Patrick
Old 06-07-2005, 10:58 PM

Rick, To answer your question my post was not directed at you or your car. It was at ebay I "feel" it can hurt a car when it has been advertised over and over which "your" car has not been. I hope you get a million bucks for it!!! Is what I am saying I have known of cars that have been bid on and they never come near there market value so it diminshes the value in alot peoples mind because it did not hit reserve. I tell you what send me your cash price and I might buy it!! Sean
Old 06-08-2005, 12:31 AM

Thanked 2,679 Times in 1,219 Posts

Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Including me, so here's mine:

1. Rick bought the car. He can sell it any time and in way he wishes. Can't imagine why anyone would give a rat's a$$ that he decided to sell it, regardless of the reason, which may be personal. Although, no one came out and said it, the underlying current of some of the posts seems to be that he is some kind of whore for deciding to sell the car, and even more so for using ebay.

2. Ebay is a great place to get the car "out there". It may also sell on ebay, in which case, Rick saved a lot of marketing expenses.

3. 1970 LS6 cars are awesome. Highest advertised HP ever offered by GM, which makes it a benchmark car. No, it is not a COPO. However, the LS6 is what I would consider the continuation of the L72 in 1969. My guess is, that without the 69 L72 COPO cars, the LS6 would have never made it to market. Who cares if you could get it as a RPO? Would an 1969 L72 Camaro or Chevelle be any less of a car if it had become available RPO before the end of the year? While it may have affected the "collectiblity" aspect, the car would be the same.

4. Great score Rick. Good luck with the sale.

JMO. Don't mean to offend anyone.

Lynn Bilodeau