Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 02-13-2014, 05:24 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 69 Camaro BB w Baldwin Chevy Connection

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GTO_DON</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bbbentley</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GTO_DON</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know you guys love 69 camaro but cmon let's get real. Quarters cut up,needs all sheemetal,interior is wiped out,chrome shot, don't run,paperwork GONE,cmon really??? 50k later and you still have an undocumented car..Maybe I should go back to the guy I know with a original paint black L78 with its paperwork for 60k that I turned down and he can't sell it for over a year. </div></div>
There is something mesmerizing about an un-restored Camaro...I find it interesting,but the price is a tad high,imo.These time capsules are intriguing. </div></div>Again,When did it become cool to drive a POS around anyway? When I was a kid if you had a car this cool in this sad shape your friends all made fun of you! This is by no means a TIME CAPSULE. That term should be used as it was ment. Something that's been tucked away and in mint condition. Not something that was left for dead. This is just a fad right now with everybody falling in love with junk. And then at the end of the day you guys will have 40k of your hard earned money driving around in this shitbox looking like you have no job. I think we need have more pride in ourselves like we used to and get back to making everything you have as nice as it can be. I have a couple extremely rare cars that are much nicer than this and I won't bring them out because me being a body and paint guy my whole life can't bring myself to drive them unless they are looking the way they were built. I guess next we'll be living old boarded up houses and wearing torn clothes because that would be COOL to look that way RIGHT?</div></div>

Wait what?! Frame of reference bud...

I would rather own/drive/enjoy/spit polish/beat the shit out of/fall in love with/correct/and cherish that gold L78 than any of the half restored spray booth specials you can find in any where internet land including from on this site including from members who posted in this very thread. Why don't spray booth specials ever sell? They're not honest cars and 9/10 times over priced, rushed, lacking craftsmanship and have no character.

No one has seen this car in person (unless I'm wrong?). No one knows a lick about the cowl tag, engine pad, condition of the metal, drivetrain and other mechanics parts. You're basing an assessment off of craigslist photos.

The L78 here pending inspection, appears to be a wonderful entry level L78 with a bad ass story and with some TLC would make for a fun ride. Leave as is and enjoy. If I didn't already have a &quot;piece of shit&quot; [as defined in this thread - asinine], I would all over this car.

EDIT - now we're going to bring up this debate again? Giving real cars a bad reputation because no documents exist?! Guys, I know its winter but come on!
Old 02-13-2014, 06:11 PM

Thanked 1,798 Times in 525 Posts

Well, you can really tell when the weather is bad...we are all inside staying warm in the virtual world [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I agree that a survivor car with an original driveline and no docs. is fine...especially when they have been out of circulation this long. I also agree that the survivor type cars are more fun and in many ways more interesting than the cookie cutter high dollar restos...I can say that because I have owned a few...just like many others here.

What is the real condition and how much would it cost to get this car road worthy...I guess we won't know until somebody here buys it...so come on boys...spread the wealth [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
Join National Nostalgic Nova!
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old 02-13-2014, 06:24 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WILMASBOYL78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, you can really tell when the weather is bad...we are all inside staying warm in the virtual world [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

What is the real condition and how much would it cost to get this car road worthy...I guess we won't know until somebody here buys it...so come on boys...spread the wealth [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img] </div></div>
That's the problem, my wealth is spread all over the shop in pieces right now [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]

69 SS/RS 396 M20 X22 Nor 12B,72B,712 bought 1979
FULL OWNER HISTORY
69 Dick Harrell tribute Day II 427 M20 4.10 X11 76 orig pnt, 711
67 Super Stock 302 Camaro re-creation
Old 02-13-2014, 06:36 PM

I do not really like frame off stuff but I do like them repainted and cleaned up. Full blown restorations are necessary on some cars but not all. I like them road worthy in nice condition. Not a rat rod type of guy. Like survivors the best and I know Don does too. He drives everything he has whether its is a restored Ram Air IV car or a survivor 6 banger pickup.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:41 PM

That's why there's vanilla and chocolate Dan or blondes and brunettes if you will. If you want to drive a piece of shit around that's your right. And what badass story we talking about because it was picked up at Baldwin chevy??? Big deal! What's that mean anyway? Maybe seems cool to you because your from up that way. I guess I would think it's cool if it came from Reedman chevy but you have to call a spade a spade at some point. If you can't see that body needs work then I'm sorry but it looks like it hit everything but the lottery to me. Those quarters are cut pretty high to me. And again I'm sorry and not trying to piss you off really I'm not but cars without paper docs and good owner history never sell for big money! That's the way of the world. I didn't make the rules, that's just the way it is. You guys know that. I really wish you would buy it. Then get back to me when you want to sell it after you spent all the money it needs to get back of running and driving. Then you'll know what I'm talking about. I am not attacking you in any way but you always seem to get really pissed off when I make a point about a certain car. I've been in this hobby/Business longer than you've been alive and have owned and restored some very rare cars which I drive and beat the shit out of no matter how much they are worth so I think I know what I'm talking about and have a right to an opinion but remember it's just my opinion. No big deal. Let's be friends . Now I'm going back to shovel some MORE snow.You will have to shovel later I'm sure.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:25 PM

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-style: italic">&quot;...but it looks like it hit everything but the lottery to me.&quot;</span></span>

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif[/img]

Old 02-13-2014, 07:31 PM

Thanked 1,798 Times in 525 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mockingbird812</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-style: italic">&quot;...but it looks like it hit everything but the lottery to me.&quot;</span></span>

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif[/img] </div></div>

You gotta love Donnie...smooth as 80 grit!

But, a softy on the inside [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/[/img]
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
Join National Nostalgic Nova!
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old 02-13-2014, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,807 Times in 1,451 Posts

Some of the post are getting quite personal which is neither acceptable or necessary. We all have the right to an opinion.

Ok, here's mine with a couple of points:

If you pay someone to do a full concours level restoration you will be upsidedown in it based on the photos. If you want top dollar most buyers want documentation.

I have a passion for unrestored cars and get asked quite often what to do with cars, restore or leave alone (some cars are survivors and some just survived). If you were to do the bare minimum (thats to be determined) to get it drivable the question is; can you live with the way it looks? This car has great appeal because its a true L78.

I think everyone has different taste, knowledge, skills and pockets. Thats why there's always going to be a buyer for cars at all levels.

When I first started out, factory documentation was critical for me, as I've gained knowledge its not as critical. When a car is right it tells you a story and in can document itself.

Now someone buy this car, bring it to the GM Nationals and have it Vintage Certified [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img].

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 02-13-2014, 07:36 PM

shameless promotion Steve [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/no.gif[/img] ............... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]

P.S. This is good banter and reminds me of the way it used to be 'round here!

Old 02-13-2014, 07:42 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WILMASBOYL78</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mockingbird812</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-style: italic">&quot;...but it looks like it hit everything but the lottery to me.&quot;</span></span>

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif[/img] </div></div>

You gotta love Donnie...smooth as 80 grit!

But, a softy on the inside [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/[/img] </div></div>

&quot;one&quot; of the reasons why I hang with him.