Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 06-14-2003, 09:55 PM

Default Re: 68 Camaro LS6

I second that... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img] When you get right down to it...the Z28's, L34's, L78's,LS5's, and LS6's were what most people owned and still to this day that is the "bread and butter" of the hobby. These are the cars that when the market self corrects will take the least "hit" and what your average "joe" looks at fondly at a car show. While it is nice to have a trailer queen that is worth 150k, it is far nicer to the majority to have a clean, strong running car they can pull out and not be afraid to drive. IMO that is why I am seeing less "100%" restored cars and more clean Day 2 cars. IMO it is the best thing that can happen for the hobby...
Old 06-14-2003, 11:09 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,850 Times in 1,637 Posts

------I dont own a "supercar".Heck,I dont even own a red car anymore,and I read Toms post just the way he says he intended it to be read.Its obvious he didnt mean the car!..........Bill S....X-Red owner
Old 06-14-2003, 11:22 PM

"INTO THE VALLEY OF DEATH RODE THE SIX HUNDRED....."
No back door in sight----------------------------------!!!

In all fairness to markj's inital post, I guess/maybe markj was just ribbing Charley,but unfortunately ,he did crack a few ribs with his remark[ IMO ] I guess it will be up to Charley to see what the doctor bill will be. :IMO.---IMO---IMO---MOI---IOM---MMM---III [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2003, 02:28 AM

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,191 Posts

Alright thats it,....You lost me for SC Indy! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2003, 02:49 AM

The crap Tom was refering to, I am sure, was the attitude of the poster.
Tom would never refer to ANY car as crap. He likes all cars.
He even traveled thru two states to buy some sort of 6 cyl lumina or chevette or something like that.
As far as wht car can be at the Reunion...........It is HIS show.
i think most who attend want to see copos, yenkos, nickeys , motions,harell, gibb etc. there was limited room inside and it was filled last year with th above cars. t
This year there will be outside parking for all other cars
What is the big deal!
One of these years the clarys are gonna say the heck with it all and a good thing will be gone.
Old 06-15-2003, 03:35 AM

Rick, say it ain't so!!!!!!!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2003, 03:53 AM

it ain't so!!!!!!!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]

Sorry Rick--------- [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2003, 04:57 AM

I find it funny that as soon as a visitor comes on to a site (like THE SUPERCAR REGISTRY)and bashes a memember that they get their feelings hurt cuz they get fussed at for bashing a member. Not only that, but others will finally feel they need to post to support the visitor. Get real!

This site is about the super cars, the title doesn't say Joe Billie Bob's Camaro Forum. I started visiting this site to learn more about super cars not learn how john q public built a camaro in his garage that can out run yours. I didn't have one, but I at least respected the ones that did.

Maybe I am wrong, but if your being bad then expect to be reprimanded. If you don't like it leave, go back to camaroz28, thirdgen, etc. Thats were all of us garage mechanics hang out and talk about who can build better and who we can beat.

Don't be a baby.

Son #2, Son #1, Daughters
82 Z28, 96 Z28SS, 02 ZL1
Old 06-15-2003, 05:29 AM

QUOTE:
This site is about the super cars, the title doesn't say Joe Billie Bob's Camaro Forum.

You're absolutely right 82z96ss,this site is about supercars and like you I hang around to learn and exchange information,that's why everyone should try to keep the subject on track when people get into a pissing contest, otherwise the site will turn into the JOE BILLIE BOB'S CAMARO FORUM----IT DEPENDS HOW MUCH BLOOD YOU WANT TO DRAW BEFORE ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2003, 06:27 AM

Thanked 2,200 Times in 541 Posts

The original poster did a couple of things wrong [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

1. When trying to sell something, you shouldn't risk offending any potential buyer needlessly. No cracks about politics, religion, "your wife looks pregnant, is she expecting?", "your daughter's cute, does she put out?", etc. These do nothing to further your cause of finding a buyer.

2. Sarcasm, or smart-ass needling, is very hard to pull off on web boards. The viewers have no idea of context, and you can't do a roll of the eyes or a smirk to indicate your meaning. So often these things are taken at face value, to no good effect. I've learned this the hard way a couple of times, and offended people needlessly. Longtime members of a board can get familiar enough to do a bit of this, but someone who's got less than 5 posts can't expect that anyone's "in" on their joke-nobody "knows" you yet.

sYc (TOM)'s response was direct, but understandable. He interpreted someone was using his forum to attack a respected friend. Kinda like if someone came up and borrowed your golf club to take a swing at your buddy. It just wouldn't sit right, you know? I interpreted the "crap" remark as a reference about the negative comments, not the car. Many less-than-supercars have been listed here with no ill comments or quiet deletions.

It is the "Super Car Registry", and the home page defines their mission pretty clearly. Initially I was upset that the page didn't cover Mopars by Mr. Norm, KR-8's by Tasca Ford, etc. But then I read the home page, saw the "Chevrolet" part of the statement, and figured it out. (I don't turn on ESPN and bitch about the lack of music videos, even though they're roughly equivalent-overpaid people who are supposed to entertain me.)

You can claim elitism on the part of supercar owners, but can you tell me that a group of die-hard Corvair owners would eagerly embrace a wanna-be in a Porsche 911, because he claims his car has a rear-engined, air cooled 6 banger, too? Should that be his ticket into their owner's club? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Envy and Arrogance are two sides of the same coin. Both seem to undermine the balance of this board at times. But ultimately the greater good prevails and things get back to normal. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

TOM