Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Shelby

Old 08-02-2015, 02:24 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,856 Times in 1,027 Posts
Default Re: moss green Eleanor

I have never heard of a Eleanor being built in 67-68. I owned the 67 GT500 SuperSnake and I consider that the king of all 67's. A Eleanor never even came into my thinking when trying to think of a competitor to the Super Snake. Do you have a pic of this so called Eleanor you owned ? Your claim is really stretching it without something to back it up. What does the Shelby Registry say about Eleanors ? It is about a 20 lb. book that lists all the cars Shelby built.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:28 PM

Thanked 3,849 Times in 1,636 Posts

----Frank,,,A lot of doubt would be erased if you could post a picture of your "Eleanor". Just sayin!!!......Bill S
Old 08-02-2015, 04:37 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: f68yenko</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[img]https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/use...1208d34e3fcdf1a[/img]

</div></div>

This is a car built by Cinema Vehicle Services with a Steve Stanford body kit for the Movie &quot;Gone in 60 Seconds&quot;. There was never a Shelby built like this.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:40 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: f68yenko</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
[img]https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/use...90f77d727def8e0[/img]
</div></div>

This is also a Gone in 60 Seconds car painted red and sold as a novelty item as a model car. Again, not a real Shelby built Mustang.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:41 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: f68yenko</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
[img]https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/use...90f77d727def8e0[/img]
</div></div>

This isn't a Gone in 60 Seconds &quot;Eleanor&quot; at all but a Carroll Shelby prototype coupe. Here is a link to when it was auctioned off.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Archi...-HORNET-137819
Old 08-02-2015, 04:52 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: f68yenko</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not to start a war or anything but, in the nearly eighties when I purchased my 67-68 Shelby GT 500 &quot;Eleanor&quot;, I named it &quot;Rigby&quot; for the reason that on the title and the documents it stated &quot;Eleanor&quot;, not to mention a chicken farmer new I owned the car. And also, if you look somewhere, you will find that Carroll actually went to court to sue the writers or makers of the movie &quot;Gone In Sixty Seconds&quot; for the writers to the name &quot;Shelby Eleanor&quot; [img]https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/use...90f77d727def8e0[/img]
</div></div>

Again, Eleanor was a 71 Mustang fastback. There was no Shelby connection until the 2000 remake, and even that connection was tenuous. I can find no reference to the lawsuit you mention.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:52 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: f68yenko</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not to start a war or anything but, in the nearly eighties when I purchased my 67-68 Shelby GT 500 &quot;Eleanor&quot;, I named it &quot;Rigby&quot; for the reason that on the title and the documents it stated &quot;Eleanor&quot;, not to mention a chicken farmer new I owned the car. And also, if you look somewhere, you will find that Carroll actually went to court to sue the writers or makers of the movie &quot;Gone In Sixty Seconds&quot; for the writers to the name &quot;Shelby Eleanor&quot;</div></div>

Carroll Shelby never sued anyone. The wife of the late director H.B. &quot;Toby&quot; Halicki of the original movie sued Carroll Shelby and Unique Motorsports. Carroll obtained the trademark rights to use the Eleanor name on cars in a 2002 after filing with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Notice this is two years AFTER the movie came out. He obtained the trademark rights of the name Eleanor to combine his already trademarked Shelby name to licence them to Unique Motorsports to build Shelby Eleanor Mustangs. It was only about the almighty dollar. Not about trademarking a name he already used in the past.
Old 08-09-2015, 03:27 PM

I honestly would have thought in that claiming to own such a rare car a picture would have been posted to clear things up.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:08 PM

If he is so insistent on it being an &quot;Eleanor&quot; the only real possibility is that it could be one of the unique performance cars. They were dubbed GT500E's. That's the only thing I can come up with. It's like the others stated Eleanor is a 71 Shelby was only involved after the movie remake
Old 09-08-2015, 09:45 PM

Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,217 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: f68yenko</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not to start a war or anything but, in the nearly eighties when I purchased my 67-68 Shelby GT 500 &quot;Eleanor&quot;, I named it &quot;Rigby&quot; for the reason that on the title and the documents it stated &quot;Eleanor&quot;, not to mention a chicken farmer new I owned the car. And also, if you look somewhere, you will find that Carroll actually went to court to sue the writers or makers of the movie &quot;Gone In Sixty Seconds&quot; for the writers to the name &quot;Shelby Eleanor&quot; [img]https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/use...90f77d727def8e0[/img]</div></div>

Frank: I don't think anyone thinks you are trying to start a war. Hopefully, you understand the skepticism regarding a 67-68 Eleanor. I don't doubt your word that the title may have had the name &quot;Eleanor&quot; right on the face of it. But, all that means is that at some time in the car's life it changed hands from individuals in different states. Say the seller was in State A, and the buyer in State B. Buyer goes to title the car, and the tag agent (a clerk working for the DMV in most states, but the Tax Commission if it were Oklahoma) asks what kind of car it is. He or she takes the owner's word for it that it is a Shelby Eleanor.

I have seen more than one fake Z/28 that had &quot;Z/28&quot; typed in as a sub model on the title. Just means a clerk took someone's word for it.