Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 07-16-2014, 11:44 PM

Default Re: 2015 Dodge Hellcat

The reason I say pig is the E body has notoriously been a heavy car including the latest Challenger. I have owned Hemi Cudas and the knock is always the weight on the car....I look forward to the new HellCat. The HP Wars are alive again. Detroit needs this
Old 07-17-2014, 03:55 PM

It's too bad Chevrolet sits on the Chevelle name.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:35 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,710 Times in 1,197 Posts

My thought exactly.
They should be getting off their *** and building a brand new re-designed Chevelle A-body competitor for this B body Challenger.
A body that reflects a true Chevelle of the past,not an egg shaped hippo.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:51 PM

What I would like to see happen, is GM transition the current form to a more true to form 70-73 camaro. People seem to be really be paying more and more attention to that body style. Now that would be cool and interesting to see, to shake things up. There is not much more they can do with the current form over the next yrs. That body style is really nice, unique, and sold very well for GM. Mark my words, it will probably come. I dont see a chevelle coming, for the same reason dodge wont put 2 less doors on a charger.

A new 70-71 challenger squaring up against a new 70-71 camaro split bumper....
Old 07-17-2014, 07:51 PM

One problem I see with all of these new hi-performance cars is that they're no longer within reach of the average buyer. Instead only the wealthy, usually older, collectors can buy them and then they hardly get driven.
Back in the '60's and '70's the hi-po cars could, and were, purchased by true enthusiasts who drove them and enjoyed them. Many people wonder why the younger kids look to buy, and modify, the Japanese cars. It's because they can afford them and they have a strong aftermarket where they can get speed, and dress up, parts.

I am in my early 50's and have a pretty decent job and I can't afford any of these new performance cars. I guess I could if I wanted a huge car payment and then I'd never want to drive it in anything but nice weather.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:13 PM

Lookout Camaro...
Ralph Gilles does a burnout in a 2015 Hellcat
Old 07-17-2014, 08:17 PM

Thanked 1,418 Times in 683 Posts

I think you can get a new Camaro SS for about $35, give or take, which is probably true for a Mustang GT as well. The average price of a new car is probably $25 to $30, so they are a bit higher but not too much. What were the prices of a Camaro or Mustang with a V-8 in 1969, relative to what the price of a plain new car, about the same as well? With an inflation adjustment, I wonder if they really are all that much more expensive than most other products compared to back then.

Also, regarding cars like the Hellcat, ZL-1, etc., those have to be compared to the Hemi Cuda/Challenger, ZL-1 Camaros, and Shelby's from back in the day as well, and they were usually so much more expensive which is why there are so few of them around these days. I think it's all pretty relative when put into the proper perspective. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]
John 10:30
Old 07-18-2014, 02:39 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What I would like to see happen, is GM transition the current form to a more true to form 70-73 camaro. People seem to be really be paying more and more attention to that body style. Now that would be cool and interesting to see, to shake things up. There is not much more they can do with the current form over the next yrs. That body style is really nice, unique, and sold very well for GM. Mark my words, it will probably come. I dont see a chevelle coming, for the same reason dodge wont put 2 less doors on a charger.

A new 70-71 challenger squaring up against a new 70-71 camaro split bumper....

Like this?????

</div></div>
Attached Images

Old 07-18-2014, 02:57 AM

that is pretty nice!
Old 07-19-2014, 12:54 AM

for the last couple of weeks we've been seeing these Hellcats driving all over the place. seen a few different blacks,a couple oranges,a white one,and today (off I-75 right by Chrysler HQ)a Limelight with a Super Bee emblem on its front fender?. theres also SRT Challengers,R/T Chargers,Darts running around everywhere! funny because we also live near the Ford Romeo Proving Grounds(fairly rural area)but see new scary looking Mustangs-Cobras(Rochester rd/32mile)blasting by everyday all over the place all hours. last summer/fall the new Corvettes were EVERWHERE in the same area also. wasn't sure if they were testing on the Ford track?, or just showing off, but pretty cool to see the new Vettes driving around (32/roch Valero gas station) by teenagers-girls-whoever every morning &amp; all day long on dirt roads Testing. will never forget the 2 dk.green Vettes with little red Test stickers below the door handle covered in dust-dirt-mud.