Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Chevrolet

Old 07-07-2012, 06:23 PM

Default Re: 67 SS 427 Impala?

Shaun,
The car is a block from my house I have gone over it verry well and if someone put the 427 emblems on it they did it a verry verry long time ago not in the last year. I think the car is real he is not trying to clone it and would sell it verry cheap just to get it gone, but that said the car is also a real POS and I do not think worth fixing as he does as well. But as long as the current owner has had it those emblems were on also it was crashed a long time ago and the LF fender was changed with a small block fender from a black car and painted the reciept is in the glove box for this repair and clearly states re drill 427 holes in lf fender so it was wearing 427 badges back then I cant remember the date on reciept but it is there with a little paper work not much. Te rf fender is original and has the 427 markings upside down on the inside where you could never get in there with the car togeather. so its ??? But I think it is real but I also think im going to pass just a bit rough for me.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:57 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Jeff,
My info was second hand so creadibility may be in question here, however from all the info supplied I'd assume the original engine was long gone. At the point in time it was listed on e-bay the seller belived it to be the original. Bid up to $6300. and reserve not met. pretty good money for what you have described.
The markings on the inside of the fenders are a neat find and may be the difinitive answer if it was an L36.

Here is the inside of my fenders markings.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:36 PM

I think the car is real but im going to pass on this one, you would have to want one real bad to restore this car I can see a easy 30k just in restoration costs and parts let alone the cost of the car. Then you have a NOM 67 Impala sad to see it in this state but just the same reason it is there.