Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 01-31-2009, 07:26 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Did Bill Thomas build Camaros outside NICKEY??

hey Jeff, That motor don't sound to shabby to me!
Old 01-31-2009, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey Jeff, That motor don't sound to shabby to me!

[/ QUOTE ]

It will be fine for now, I want to get the aluminum headed deal back in it but not enough $$ in my mad money account.. Heads will be a easy fix block is another issue..
Old 01-31-2009, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So now that you've shown you can take and post photos... lets see some pics of the car.

[/ QUOTE ]

soon grasshopper.... its ugly

[/ QUOTE ]

Just seems pretty silly to have a 2 page thread about a car and no pictures of it... but whatever floats your boat, grasshopper.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So now that you've shown you can take and post photos... lets see some pics of the car.

[/ QUOTE ]

soon grasshopper.... its ugly

[/ QUOTE ]

Just seems pretty silly to have a 2 page thread about a car and no pictures of it... but whatever floats your boat, grasshopper.

[/ QUOTE ]

!!WOW!! I did not mean to strike a nerve if I did sorry, I started this with a question, and the car itself is questionable, I have pics when I bought the car before I took it apart and all the codes, I will share them when I get the paperwork like I said before, I bought the car from a guy who said it was a hand me down, but had no title and no proof of ownership, I did get a large amount of parts with it, and I figured if it went bad I have them stowed away and I will be fine on parts alone. When that title is in my hand I will load them up start to finish if you like.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:49 AM

Sounds like someone wrecked their hot car and bought a 6 cyl to swap the pieces into.
does the engine / trans / rear dates match up, was the block installed in a car originally or is it an over the counter block, I would think these details could help determine if it was a parted out/ rebuild car if the codes/dates line up to an actual car, if its an over the counter engine it may have been a swap
Old 02-03-2009, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like someone wrecked their hot car and bought a 6 cyl to swap the pieces into.
does the engine / trans / rear dates match up, was the block installed in a car originally or is it an over the counter block, I would think these details could help determine if it was a parted out/ rebuild car if the codes/dates line up to an actual car, if its an over the counter engine it may have been a swap

[/ QUOTE ]

OTC engine 427 aluminum heads, OTC trans M22, BE 12 Bolt that was never built??? Light body no sound deadner full delete car, Fiberglass over steel stinger hood, with insert, 14X7 wheels K-18-3 up front, rear aftermarket wheels with slicks, Bill Thomas Race Cars sticker in trunk Old school paper, tow bar in front.. red on black one repaint with emblem delete. Interesting car.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:22 AM

Definately an interesting car, keep the info coming and share some pics once you get the paperwork straightened out, are there many layers of paint? you might find a lettered up version buried that could help identify it.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:34 AM

Well I have title in hand now and the last few weeks been working on the car with time given, I stripped the car very carfully I found nothing as far as markings other than where a old dealer badge had been mounted on the back, I had taken the car apart and stipped the panels, I primed them with uretane primer the hood needed alot of work so on the first coat I used some ppg epoxy, I sent out the shifter handle for plating with the ansen ground grabbers, It came back good but forgot to send the nut... When I first posted about the car I made some mistakes, I really didn't think much of it meaning the car but it just had some cool parts on it, well the car does not have 14X7 wheels but FC code 14X6 I thought they were 7 just by looking at the width of the lip? My mistake!! the spare is a FC wheel also but has no kelsey hayes stamp or date just FC??? the rear tires are 800 850 slicks verses a 700 slick, the car is a radio delete, and I guess in the 70's when you want to add a radio you just take a torche to the fender for the antenna... Well I started to bolt the car back togeather and fit parts so I can take it back apart to paint, It is going back single stage in ppg and blending into the trunk and firewall I want to leave as much original as I can, The hood bezel is painted blue inside, Car went though a tuff time in 76 with a white and blue stripe added to the red.....
Old 05-28-2009, 04:38 AM

fitting things

Restored spare FC no date or Kelsey hayes??

Dealer badge holes I will never know who

Old 05-28-2009, 04:46 AM

Shifter handle rechromed it does have some small pitts, and I forgot to send the nut in...

Very cool tach mechanical Yes hole in firewall..

When you need a antenna get a torche, not sure if I'm going to fix it or what just yet????