Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 01-01-2002, 01:45 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: A Nicky Camaro In NJ

Haven't been to the Chevy/Vettefest in a few years, but do recall a turquoise Nickey Camaro w/a yellow block in the Chicago area.

First saw this car at a show at a drive-in theater in Waukegan around '82, or so. It was later traded to an area service station owner for a '66 427/425 'Vette. Subsequently, it was owned by a fairly noted local auto painter. Don't know the car's current whereabouts.

Not positive that this car is legit, but it was always rep'd as a Nickey even before it mattered all that much. Oh, and the body shop guy was (and probably still is) a reasonably thorough individual and I doubt he'd have stepped up if it wasn't the real deal.

Oh, and did I mention that the block was yellow?
Old 01-01-2002, 03:44 AM

Tenney, check out the pictures from this years reunion and look at Jim Pearse's 67 Nickey. It is Emerald Turquoise, he has a business that is body shop related, and the engine is Yellow! Check it out, it is an old hot rod, fat tires, American Torque Thrusts, traction bars, etc. Oh yeah, the car is unrestored with original paint...........RatPack.....................
Old 01-01-2002, 05:39 AM

Thanks, Rat Pack. The car looks familiar and the name rings a bell. Good to see (and not surprised) that it has been well-preserved.
Old 01-01-2002, 01:55 PM

68imp, the car in NW Ohio is from a Toledo suburb. The owner, can't remember his name, is the service manager at a import car dealer in Sylvania, OH. The car is a 427 but is not a Nickey. The owner told me that he bought the Nickey decals at a Super Chevy event. He never represents the car as a Nickey. The car is super nice a real joy to look at.

66 GTO, Tri power, Fact. A/C, 4 speed
65 Corvette, L-76, Conv., Fact. A/C
63 Corvette SWC
Old 01-01-2002, 03:05 PM

Thanked 1,657 Times in 486 Posts

If I remember correctly Jim's 67 Nickey was sold with a L88 and still has 350 emblems on the fenders. The block is painted yellow and I have heard of other Nickey cars that were sold with yellow painted motors. I made a note from an article on the Nickey cars that stated there were about 300 427 transplant cars sold between 1967 and 1969. The article stated Nickey was owned by Edward and John Stephani. I do not know if this info is correct but the writer seemed to know about the Nickey dealership.
Old 01-01-2002, 04:12 PM

Rat_Pack or anyone else, is anything more known about the L-88/second gen Camaro?
Old 01-01-2002, 07:40 PM

Not much known other than what was printed in the dealer brochure from Nickey. Cars could have been ordered with anything from a 350 - 454. Only one person in the US can identify a Nickey car and from what I am told it is very hard and expensive..............RatPack..........
Old 01-01-2002, 10:40 PM

I have an ad showing that 2nd gen Nickey. Looks to have wheel flares and If I remember correctly, it was an RS sans the bumpers. And as stated above was available with numerous engine options. I wonder if they made a few w/ these body mods.
-Mark

Old 01-02-2002, 01:58 AM

What year is the ad, and, can you post it?
Old 01-02-2002, 04:16 PM

L72copo,sorry for the misinformation.But I do recall seeing ``Nickey built 427 Impala``next to a photo of the car a few years back in Super Chevy.Awesome car though with the black paint,small hub caps,blackwall tires.Sort of a ``Dirty Mary crazy Larry``special but with two doors instead of four.