Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Baldwin-Motion Performance

Old 02-08-2014, 04:41 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Motion Nova ???????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: twertsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never came up on eBay.........? </div></div>barry bought it quick before it went to ebay. He knows what it is.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:55 PM

Wow..... great that Mike helped Dan, and the next owner is excited. Now that there is a degree of seperation between personalities, maybe some headway can be made in determining providence.

Congrats to all involved.....

Rich
Old 02-08-2014, 05:22 PM

It was never my intension to use this forum to sell the car, I did go in today and become a paying member, since the car did sold as a direct result of someone contacting me about this forum, if anyone feels I should make more of a contribution let me know and I will gladly do that.

I did not search out a buyer and I was contacted by several members that reached out to me trying to buy the car. I did not profit form the transaction, as a matter of fact I lost some money on the sale. If I would have any made any profit I would sent it straight to Dan.

I am not looking for any drama and it certainly seems that drama follows this car...and I truly apologize if anyone of you guys are offend by the events of this forum post.

What I would like to see from this, is the people that consider Dan a friend or a least a fellow human in need, please reach out to him and offer up your kind words and thoughts and prayers, he could surly use them right now...

Drop him a note or card thru snail mail he has no access to the internet and only has a home number and isn't answering it much these days...let him know we all still care about each other more than the cars that bring back a few of our youth memories....
Old 02-08-2014, 05:28 PM

BTW:
Dan isn't the happiest with me right now. He is upset that I don't have the strong sense of commitment to the car and willing to make it a life long project to figure it out, what made it worse is the fact that I decided not to restore the car and I am going to pass the car along to someone else...

Having said that I have tried and tried to figure out a way to help him more than I have...I just don't have an answer.

What my suggestion would be is to drop Dan a note to his home address with maybe a card with a small gift...

From what I have seen of this site, there seems to be some really great people that look out for each other, maybe you could do a post and see if there is anyone that would like to drop him a card or letter of encouragement to help his spirit...

This way any correspondence or gift would go straight to him and he would have to see human kindness for what it is, just that !!!!!

What are your thought on that???

anyone wanting or needing his home contact information let me know.....
Old 02-08-2014, 11:50 PM

As a 68 Nova owner who has been trying to educate people just how different and unique the 68 nova's are for the past 10 years, I hope this 68 Nova gets the publicity that it deserves.

For all the people wondering how different and unique the 68 Nova is. Try finding a <span style="text-decoration: underline">documented</span>:
<span style="font-weight: bold">L30</span>(only <span style="text-decoration: underline">2483 </span>built)
<span style="font-weight: bold">L34</span>(only <span style="text-decoration: underline">234</span> built)
<span style="font-weight: bold">L48</span>(only <span style="text-decoration: underline">4670</span> built)
<span style="font-weight: bold">L78</span>(only <span style="text-decoration: underline">667</span> and 50 were copo cars)
<span style="font-weight: bold">L79</span>(0nly <span style="text-decoration: underline">1274</span> built)

Now try to find the only 1968 Nova converted at motion. Hats off to Dan for holding onto this car for 12 years. Hopefully Dan gets the credit for finding the car and doing all the leg work. Only time will tell......
Old 02-09-2014, 12:28 AM

I've seen the car. It may have been to Motion for work. It think you have a long reach from being a car with some mods at the shop to the lable/title of being the 1st Motion Nova L88 build. I'm not sure how Dan made that leap but that is when I started to question the data being presented.

We are to beleive a young spanish speaking man bought a NEW car which had to be sourced from another dealer only to have a color change as well as the interior dyed. I've never known anyone to be that foolish on new car purchase, but that is only the beginning of the additional money spent on the car. Then they also took that new small block out and only have a full L88 (not a shortblock) swapped in. The story seems to spin a list of several other key mods to create a dream Nova street racer. I struggle to beleive these key steps occured when this car was new. I hope we can discover some solid proof of the car's history. Good luck to the new owner!
Old 02-09-2014, 12:12 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bergy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very sad about Dan - let's put him on the prayer list guys.</div></div>

Yes Bruce. That has been done

Dan also still has another 68 he wants to sell. I think he still has it. He is a walking encyclopedia on old drag racing and where most of these NY,NJ and eastern US cars came from. He rubbed elbows with many big time drag racers in the NED-1 area for a long time and has located many COPO's and other race cars of the era.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:34 PM

Mike, could you give (us?) Dans address. I would like to help him out. From what i personally know of him, it has never been about the almighty dollar but his has been for his love of the cars. Maybe others could help too! God knows, i dont think any of us would want to be where Dan is right now.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:06 PM

I wont post his info in open forum, but any9one wanting to reach out send ne a PM and I will send it to you.. Mike
Old 02-12-2014, 04:35 PM

Thanked 4,755 Times in 2,181 Posts

Cars suck.
Prayers and best wishes to Dan!

~ Pete