Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Chevrolet

Old 04-20-2016, 08:33 PM

Thanked 5,377 Times in 1,885 Posts
Default Re: 57 Nomad Project.........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Isn't nice how they &quot;knew about&quot; the problem but didn't do a damn thing about warning everyone who already bought one? Did they refund your money and give you a new updated one?

Are you sure you didn't buy it from the New Yawk guy that sold you the yellow Impala? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif[/img] </div></div>

Most likely... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2016, 09:36 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Isn't nice how they &quot;knew about&quot; the problem but didn't do a damn thing about warning everyone who already bought one? Did they refund your money and give you a new updated one?

Are you sure you didn't buy it from the New Yawk guy that sold you the yellow Impala? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif[/img] </div></div>

I was told to send it to them and they would fix it...........I told them &quot;I think not.......Why should I wait two weeks while you fix your problem &quot;.........I told them to send me one of their new units......he said O.K........after he got all the delivery info, he asked for a credit card number.....said it would be refunded when he received the &quot;Junk&quot; one back.....I gave it to them and then started thinking about it......the phone rings and it's them calling me and he said that they were talking about it there and said to eliminate all the issues.......I should just put some Stop Leak in my Radiator........Just about lost it at that point.......So....I ordered the GM assy and when the new one arrives from them I will send them both back for credit refund..........Damm.......I glad I don't run my business like that.....If I screw up I will do anything to keep the customer from &quot;Any&quot; inconvenience...... Sheesh !!!!

The Best things in life......Aren't Things
Old 04-21-2016, 01:06 AM

Thanked 5,377 Times in 1,885 Posts

So, it sounds like people should avoid Concept1 for any products....

It constantly amazes me how crappy customer service has become in the recent years.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:23 AM

wow what a crock
Old 04-25-2016, 12:02 PM

Had another little issue come up......when I did the gas tank revision I didn't think it thru correctly, the stock fuel level sender had the float arm going in to the left.......LOL.....it and the new fuel pump were fighting for the same spot..........I ended up ruining the original sender in modifying it......new one showed up and was modified correctly ..........cut off the pick-up tube that the sender was mounted to and rotated it 180 degrees......and since I am not using the tube anymore we welded it up solid to eliminate any fuel leaks.......installed it and everything works perfectly....Two little issues remain (until I find more).........the intercooler pump doesn't turn on and the fittings I used to connect the intercooler lines to the Supercharger leak.........Always something.........the exhaust will go on this week and I moved the car under it's own power for the first time ........just in and out of the garage.........

Old 04-25-2016, 12:34 PM

Please get them fat fingers out of our view [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif[/img]

Very Nice!

Dan
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw
Old 05-03-2016, 02:12 AM

Picked up the car today from the exhaust shop........Need to get the A/C lines made and the system charged.........Need to program the module and get the GPS Speedometer dialed in........Then.........Drive it........

Old 05-03-2016, 04:14 AM

Are you keeping track of how many LS Transplants you have performed [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Dan
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw
Old 05-20-2016, 02:41 PM

Got the car back from Frame-up and the A/C system is now complete.......I was going to take the car up to the Dells for the Automotion car show........In checking everything out, it seems the new Intercooler Pump that came with the kit doesn't work...........A new one is coming under Warranty but won't be here in time.........Darn !!!!

Old 05-22-2016, 02:53 PM

The learning curve continues..........I didn't take the car to the Automotion show in the Dells as planned because the Intercooler wasn't working........I had the car running for a while and was checking the cooling system with my infrared heat gun........Noticed the intercooler was ambient temp.......Hummm.....Check the intercooler lines and just a gradual heat change Hummm.......I checked the plug and had Power.......Humm.......I added a Reservoir for the coolant that was higher than the Supercharger and it was full.....but there was no movement of coolant when running.........I called Pace Performance (where the system was purchased) and told them the pump wasn't working........They said they would Warranty it and send out a new one.........(paid for in advance till they got the defective one back)........So.....We get back from the Dells and the box was waiting for me.........Beautiful !!!....So......I change out the pump......fill with water again (was surprised there wasn't a lot of coolant leakage from the line from the intercooler).......started the car and the pump ran for about 10 seconds and shut off...........Darn !!!.........Check all the fuses......everything good.....
Hummm!!!!.........Come in the house and do a Internet search about the pump........Found a thread about this exact problem..........Air in the System.......When the pump sees Air it turns off......Hummm....System is full at it's highest point..........Hummm.......Go out and now Focus and this issue...........I ended up putting a &quot;T&quot; fitting from a Radiator flush kit in the upper Intercooler hose....I back filled the Intercooler that I thought was full wit 3/4 of a gallon of coolant.....capped it off and it now works perfectly..........Sheesh !!!.......This car stuff is Hard !!!!