Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 12-05-2011, 12:48 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Jerry Macneish, 302 stocker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: [email protected]</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mockingbird812</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Be curious to see what Jerry would do in the FAST class. I think he'd embarrass those SCJs and L88 Corvettes that are taking top honors these days just getting into the 9's.

Very impressive! that Z is hauling the mail!! </div></div>I would say NOT very well! </div></div>

yep... those guys are in the 9's and low 10's on skinny tires and full exhaust with extrude honed manifolds. not to mention basically a full interior.

Dave Dudek
1969 HEMI Roadrunner
9.98 @ 139 MPH

Lane Carey's
9.84 !!
1971 Ford Mustang 429 SCJ

Rick Mahoney
1968 Ram Air II Firebird
10.42 @ 132.3 MPH

Old 12-05-2011, 02:22 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smallblockhero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frankk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stock class eh? I wonder if Jerry would elaborate into detail of the parameters that make that class? </div></div>

heh... go to the forums and see. the rules seem to apply to just some people and then theyre changed every other week. weight breaks, what can be polished and what cant. the use of epoxys to recreate the sandcast look. i never knew soo much drama existed in certain classes.

spend some time here to read about it all. oh...and NHRA is the devil if you ask them.
http://classracer.com </div></div>

I think the NHRA stocker guys have some legitimate gripes about the way they're treated, but I don't understand why they don't start doing their own thing. It seems to me like most of the non-NHRA racing that's evolved over the past 25 years has been a direct response to a silly and arbitrary NHRA ruleset. When the late-model Mustang thing really started to pick up steam in the early 90's, there were several old NHRA stock racers at the forefront of it. Gene Deputy, for example, had been a longtime Hemi Mopar pilot and quit racing after the Pro Stock HemiColt flap before coming back in a turbo'd 89 Mustang in 1991.

I understand where those guys are coming from, but it is possible to say goodbye the NHRA and still have fun racing your car. Keep showing up and giving NHRA money, and they'll continue to treat you like crap.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:08 AM

I don't care what else you say about him, he can sure bang those bongos!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/c0ktkJTiv3g"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/c0ktkJTiv3g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>