Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 06-13-2024, 07:05 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967 4K View Post
Jeff, I just now removed the paint from my block to get a more clear picture of my stamps. The 3 in my vin stamp is a round top 3. As you can see the block is the last week of May stamp. Cars TT is 06A.
Thanks very much! I am only concerned in this particular case about the Tonawanda engine assembly stamp.

VIN stamp fonts depend on the assembly plant of the car that the engine was installed in, and the time frame during which that VIN was stamped at that assembly plant.

By contrast, Tonawanda engine assembly stamps were all done at Tonawanda, regardless of where the engine would end up getting installed in a car. So they "should" (with some documented exceptions) be all the same fonts on big blocks built within the same time frame.

I was sort of hoping that I had somehow missed a batch of round-topped 3's from Tonawanda during this time frame, because I really like the car this engine is in! But so far none have surfaced (here or in PM or in some other avenues I have been searching).

Thanks to everyone for the help!