Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 11-07-2006, 04:04 AM

Default Re: 1970 442 W30 4 spd Blue/Blue

I owned the car briefly and spoke to the original owner at length. Car and paperwork is legit, original owner is really a nice guy and wishes he hadn't sold the car as do I.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:31 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

I bought the car from the 2nd owner and he didn't really have an idea of what the car was. He was actually the guy that did the most harm to it trying to make some form of a drag race car out of a one owner W30. I may have saved it just in time. The paperwork is real beyond a doubt. I sold it to Les and later bought it back. I agree with Les, it is a great car. Too bad we can't keep them all. Very nice W30.

Hey Frank, in 1970 they had color television and everything - even zip codes on POP's!

Colin
Old 11-10-2006, 07:29 AM

Hey Colin, where did I say that the paperwork was fake? I said that I thought it was strange. I am not an "expert" that has handled dozens of cars paperwork. The build sheets that at least I have seen, do not usually have zip codes for the Chicago area. Also in Illinois they did not use the IL abreviation till the 80's no matter what color their TV was.

Here is my quote again in case you misread it.

[ QUOTE ]
One weird thing I noticed about the paperwork. The protecto plate bag has Illinois abbreviated as IL. and has the zip code next to it. They did not use that abbreviation until the 80's. Also in 1969 they would not have included the zip. It would have been more similar to the longer card shown in the other pics.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-10-2006, 08:47 AM

Looks like a new owner will have the paperwork to ponder. The car hit the reserve on Ebay and now the $ just needs to change hands. Seemed like a fair price for the car. These are probably on their way up still. Thanks for the comments and info, I always learn something on here.
Dana
Old 11-10-2006, 06:55 PM

Thanked 4,696 Times in 2,173 Posts

Beautiful car, looks like nice paper...someone got a sweet piece! .

I see Josh's car was delivered new to Will Robinson? .
Danger Will Robinson...Mr. Smith, Mr. Smith!!! .

~ Pete
Old 11-10-2006, 07:23 PM

Hey Frank,

I think you need to read my post again. I was razzing you about your comment that in 1970 they didn't used zip codes or abbreviate Illinois "Il". That's all. Hence the

You're a young guy like me, that was the jest of it. We weren't around in 1970 to have first hand knowledge, which led to my comment about young guys like us looking at 1970 as the stone age. Get it? It was a joke.

For the record, why you didn't say the paperwork was fake in so many words, you did imply that it was.

My post was to simply state I used to own the car, I bought it from the 2nd owner, and the paperwork is real. I personally removed 2 of the 3 build sheets from the car.

One observation - if they didn't use zip codes or "Il", why would it be on the POP? Obviously, there are exceptions to every rule. I never claimed to be an "expert", but I do know this car well and merely posted to try to help clear the air.

Regards,
Colin