Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Baldwin-Motion Performance

Old 04-15-2014, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Motion Nova ???????

Wondering if there is a picture trail of this Nova from the past?
Just my own curiosity..
Old 04-15-2014, 09:10 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,091 Times in 1,076 Posts

All the debate aside...We are talking about a Nova that was supposedly brought to Motion and had work done. It was not a Baldwin Motion car. If restored I think whoever does it will be very upside down in it.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:31 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charley Lillard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All the debate aside...We are talking about a Nova that was supposedly brought to Motion and had work done. It was not a Baldwin Motion car. If restored I think whoever does it will be very upside down in it. </div></div>

This car now, probably. However, if this were indeed (and I personally don't think it will ever happen) the first ever Nova that Motion did, and it had sufficient history and a pedigree, it would probably be more than reasonable to restore and be ok on it.

Problem is there is no consistency with Joel, and he has admitted in this case (at least, there are more) that no matter what proof comes up, he will dispute it as a motion car. As much as Dan rubs people wrong and has an agenda, so does Joel apparently.

Same thing happened to that Chevelle, until someone whom was acceptable to Joel purchased the Chevelle, then it got &quot;certified&quot; as a &quot;Phase III&quot; Chevelle as more info mysteriously appeared.

All that to say, due to the black eye on this car and no way to independently prove anything one way or another, and zero chance that Joel will certify the car, I would restore it frame on as a Day2 period correct car and enjoy it.

Or sell it to someone connected to Joel [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]

Rich
Old 04-15-2014, 09:46 PM

You can't blame joel. If there is no paper on this car or memory of it, game over. I would not take other peoples word, it needs concrete paperwork. Value it as a regular nova.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:19 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: resto4u</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can't blame joel. If there is no paper on this car or memory of it, game over. I would not take other peoples word, it needs concrete paperwork. Value it as a regular nova. </div></div>

But, that's not my understanding of what others are reporting here after speaking with him. He is apparently saying he will NEVER authenticate the car no matter what surfaces.

Big difference (if what people are saying here).

And for full disclosure, I don't care for the guy either. He was paid to give us a report on a suspected motion car. Said it was a &quot;maybe&quot;. Ok no bigge, asked for the report, paperwork. He said he does not give paperwork for a maybe. Back and forth, I asked for a &quot;no&quot; report then, again nothing but refusal from him. At the end of the day, if you are charging people thousands of dollars for a report, you should provide a written report. Yes, no or maybe.

Of course, within two weeks I got a call and email from a well known person trying to buy my crappy non motion car. He would do me a favor and take it off my hands.

Rich
Old 04-15-2014, 10:40 PM

Guys, I'm running out of POPCORN.... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

DH [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif[/img]

Old 04-16-2014, 01:42 AM

Stick to facts and not name calling.
-Charley
Old 04-16-2014, 02:23 AM

My spider senses are telling me that this car was touched by motion.