Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 12-25-2006, 03:28 AM

Default Re: Where is ZL-1 #66?

One more time. I hope this works. If not, you can probably view the link.

Nick

Old 12-25-2006, 03:34 AM

As you can see in my post above, the CT registration looks nothing like the paperwork provided by the seller of the engine. I would think he has to have a document like this if he was registering the car all those years.

HMMM, I wonder if this will stir anything else up with him??

Nick
Old 12-25-2006, 04:03 AM

Here is another registration from the State of Confusion. Since none of this turned about to be real and it was all for entertainment we can laugh about it now.
Merry Christmas!

Chris
Old 12-25-2006, 04:47 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,872 Times in 1,031 Posts

They are two different documents. He wouldn't fake his document and include the problem of paying his property taxes. I don't doubt that his paperwork is real. I just don't believe he ever had ZL1 # 66...Good job though Motion...
Old 12-25-2006, 05:11 AM

Charley,
I've kept my mouth shut so far as I've read all of this, but I have to say that a bunch of guys here are really jumping to conclusions that are very bitter and accusitory. No ONE here knows the facts yet. Ask questions now, but don't try to pass judgement just yet.
And for CHRIST'S sake, and I mean that literally, this is Christmas Eve. Let it go guys. There are more important things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NONE of you are going to change the history that is unfolding by your personal comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Verne
Old 12-25-2006, 07:20 AM

What Nick has appears to be a title document. Voodoo-Bill has a registration. I agree with Charley that the document that voodoo provided is an official state form. Plus not many would post a document for the world to see that shows you had some delinquent property taxes. Got give voodoo credit for having the balls to let the world see he had a little problem in 1999. Plus I see a fold line in the scan on voodoo's registration. I do believe it is real.

Now I have a question. Do states check a data base to see if there is another open title or registartion on the vin that they are issuing a title and or registration on in their state. Other than the title surrended to them by the person requesting the title and registration. This may explain why there is a registration in CT and a car in AZ, with the same vin.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:47 AM

I have been watching the comments on ZL1 #66 and would like to add my 2 cents since it is no secret I have some credible knowledge on this car. No one has ever contacted my about this car directly for starters. I have never listed the car for sale on ebay or anywhere else. One of my salesman at the time exactly 3 years ago posted a listing on this site to try to find out some information about this car we had coming in so he could use the information to help sell it and no information has ever been posted anywhere else. The car we were going to purchase was ZL-1 #66. It had originated from the Pat McGrouder collection. It positivly did not have the original #'s matching engine in it but a correct motor that appartently was located sometime in the 1980's and supposedly some kind of experimental motor from the era. I do not know what was in the car previous to that but believe it was a small block to the best of my memory. I did see the titles on the car and do not remember exactly what was there but I do remember that the title was from at least the mid 1980's and pre-dated when McGrouder owned the car and he never got a fresh title. I also think there was a title from the previous owner back in the 70's who may have been the original owner and he traded it for another ZL-1 after blowing up the motor in car #66. I cannot document the story but did actually see paperwork back to the 1970's. The owner of the motor for car #66 on ebay did call the police and they tried to find the car but I did not have physical possession of it at the time and could not help them. McGrouder was immediatly contacted and claimed to have resolved the situation and was the victorious party in the legal battle and that is the last I heard of car #66. I hope this posting sheds some light on the subject if nothing else.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:09 AM

Thank you

Now if the original motor was blown, and my limited understanding is that some or all of the ZL1's saw some serious race time and this secnero is very plausible....what is voodoo selling - a blown motor, a restamped motor, the original motor and it is not blown or ???

This still leaves the question of the CT registration which is clearly at odds with the paper work that goes back to the 70's and 80's. Due to the extreme value of these cars and engines it has stirred a lot of dust and dirt and the whole truth seems to be mostly missing.

If I were the owner of #66, I would have my attorney on speed dial right now, for this auction and these state of CT documents sure are mudding up the water on ownership and authenticity.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:43 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,872 Times in 1,031 Posts

Thankyou Desert Autosport for checking in.
Old 12-25-2006, 02:59 PM

<font color="blue">....not a registration </font>
Attached Images