Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 10-16-2024, 02:08 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle_collector View Post
not sure if it was the same car, but around 25 years ago i bought a 69 H/O out of the buffalo area and it had just a little over 30k on it.
wow...25 years ago, if the same guy owned it.. he wouldve been in his mid 30s. i was about 15-16 when i saw the car and met him around 88ish. i was totally obsessed with it. and he was real knowledgeable about the car and olds. What are the odds that its the same car? pretty good id say. he only took it to cruise nights..and even then it was rare. it was by far the best H/O in the Buffalo area.

side note: the first time i saw the car he left the cruise night, and lit it up. smoke pouring off the tires thru the first 3 gears and swinging... we heard the 4th gear chirp and saw the tailights wiggle a little bit. that has been burned in memory , i can still see it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to smallblockhero For This Useful Post:
dykstra (10-16-2024), L_e_e (10-16-2024), markinnaples (10-16-2024), PeteLeathersac (10-16-2024)
Old 10-16-2024, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblockhero View Post
wow...25 years ago, if the same guy owned it.. he wouldve been in his mid 30s. i was about 15-16 when i saw the car and met him around 88ish. i was totally obsessed with it. and he was real knowledgeable about the car and olds. What are the odds that its the same car? pretty good id say. he only took it to cruise nights..and even then it was rare. it was by far the best H/O in the Buffalo area.

side note: the first time i saw the car he left the cruise night, and lit it up. smoke pouring off the tires thru the first 3 gears and swinging... we heard the 4th gear chirp and saw the tailights wiggle a little bit. that has been burned in memory , i can still see it.
all of the 69 H/O's were automatic cars. so if that one had a 4 speed it wasnt the one i bought
Old 10-17-2024, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle_collector View Post
all of the 69 H/O's were automatic cars. so if that one had a 4 speed it wasnt the one i bought
Geez.. i never thought of that until now. 35+ year old memories can get fuzzy. Obviously it was an auto then. Im still betting it was most likely the same car.
The Following User Says Thank You to smallblockhero For This Useful Post:
muscle_collector (10-18-2024)
Old Yesterday, 09:22 PM

Thanked 1,841 Times in 534 Posts
Post Buffalo Muscle Cars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblockhero View Post
Im from Buffalo and can tell you about many that once resided here. many of the best were sold years ago and went out of state or to canada. i only know of one local sold COPO from Bokman chevrolet, and as far as i know it has not surfaced. there was 2 local 68 Hemi Darts sold and campaigned at Niagara. Holiday oldsmobile (now Basil Ford) sold many local Hurst Olds in the area. There was 1 local small block AC Cobra years ago. And everybody knows the legend of Steve Battaglia owning 7 Superbirds that he bought in the 80s and drove them everywhere.
I would like to jump in on this thread to try and get more info on a black 70 L78 TH400 Nova I bought from Steve in 2003. He didn't give me much to go on at the time...the car was registered to his girl friend. I did try the NCRS search and it came back as Krise Motor Co. in Canton, PA [dealer code 380/zone 12].

But, it didn't seem right so i did some digging...this old thread has some new info. It appears the car came from Laks Chevrolet

https://thesupercarregistry.com/foru...126908&page=56

Anyway...this current thread mentioning the Superbird guy caught my eye...he showed me a bunch of those cars when I went there to buy the Nova.

Happy to chat with anyone who has some local info...thanks.

-wilma
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
Join National Nostalgic Nova!
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old Yesterday, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILMASBOYL78 View Post
I would like to jump in on this thread to try and get more info on a black 70 L78 TH400 Nova I bought from Steve in 2003. He didn't give me much to go on at the time...the car was registered to his girl friend. I did try the NCRS search and it came back as Krise Motor Co. in Canton, PA [dealer code 380/zone 12].

But, it didn't seem right so i did some digging...this old thread has some new info. It appears the car came from Laks Chevrolet

https://thesupercarregistry.com/foru...126908&page=56

Anyway...this current thread mentioning the Superbird guy caught my eye...he showed me a bunch of those cars when I went there to buy the Nova.

Happy to chat with anyone who has some local info...thanks.

-wilma
are you talking about the bench seat , column shift L78? lol.. Steve somehow bought that car out from underneath a friend of mine. i saw it at his shop on comet right after he bought it. He didnt know anything about the car at that time, he wasnt even sure it was a real big block car.

Tags
camaro, copo, dealership, yenko