Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Dick Harrell

Old Today, 03:14 PM

Default '70 Dick Harrell 454 Nova

Wes,

At this time this is the only picture I can come up with. (We're trying to downsize, and I have given the kids all the boxes of pictures.) It's too bad, the front of the car is cut off in this picture. But he is proudly displaying some of his winning trophies.

The story I tell everyone about this car is...We we're just newly dating at this time. He spotted this Nova at Don Hatton Chevrolet in Wichita Kansas, and had to have it. He traded in a 1963 Split window Corvette. If I remember correctly, they gave him $1200 for that Corvette. But I can not remember how much he paid for the Nova.

We got married in June 1972, and he was drafted into the service in October of that year. For unknown reasons, they got his social security number messed up, and he did not collect any pay for several months. I was barely paying my rent and necessities.

His mother was co-signer on the original loan for the Nova and unfortunately she saw the "race car" as big trouble. (This was before my time and I didn't blame her for feeling that way.) He had gotten into big trouble with the Corvette. Sometime around his 18th birthday him and a friend we trying to out chase the police and the friend got so scared he reached over and turned the car off and grabbed the keys. Of course it locked everything up, and the car crashed into a house.

Back to the Nova, since she was the co-signer and Tracy was not getting paid from the service, she made the decision to sell the car. All I remember is she sold it to some young guy from Kentucky. I hate to say this, but he never forgave her for selling the car.

I do my best to see if I can find anything else. But it will be a couple months. The pictures are with my daughter in California.

I would love to see if we could track the car down. Of course, I couldn't afford to buy it, but it would be fun to see it again. I'd love for my kids to see it.

Sincerely, Linda

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to 69hurstSC For This Useful Post:
1967 4K (Today), 1972convss454 (Today), 1stGenFan (Today), 69M22Z (Today), 69Z11Pacer396 (Today), big gear head (Today), gtomike1967 (Today), Hawkeye (Today), jerry455 (Today), juliosz (Today), PeteLeathersac (Today)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...