Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old Today, 12:53 PM
SCR Sponsor

Thanked 3,502 Times in 979 Posts
Default 1962 Corvette 327-340hp 4 Speed

Presented here, is my 1962 Corvette. 327-340hp, close ratio 4 speed, 3.70 gear. Finished in it's original color of Ermine White, with a red vinyl interior. VIN # 20867S102698 produced in November of 1961. The car currently shows 88k miles. While the car is mileage exempt, the car plays the part of the indicated mileage.

Optioned with the following.....
327-340hp
Close ratio 4 speed T10 transmission
3.70 positraction differential
AM signal seeking radio
Auxiliary hardtop
6.70-15 4 ply WSW tires

This car was purchased from the widow of it's long time owner (since 1982). That previous owner (his name was Lee) was a fantastic caretaker of this car. I personally have known of this car since the early 2000's, as Lee was a customer of the NAPA Auto Parts store my family owned in Pewaukee, WI. Furthermore, Lee was a long time customer of my friend Ron @ Corvette Perfection located in Hartland, WI. Ron in fact, turned me on to this car. I purchased the car in February of 2024.

I have been driving the car, plus performing repairs and maintenance as most all of these cars need.
-Change all fluids
-Tune up with new dated spark plug wires, points, condenser, and plugs
-Rebuild of it's original T10 4 speed
-Rebuild of the correctly dated Carter AFB
-Install modern AM-FM Bluetooth radio. The original Wonderbar is supplied with the car
-Cleaning and lubrication of original speedometer
-Replacement of original (failed) tachometer. The original is supplied with the car
-Clean all remaining gauges
-Inspect, clean and adjust brakes
-Repack front wheel bearings
-Clean and lubricate window regulators
-Install 4 new Goodyear 6.70-15 WSW tires

Since my purchase of the car, I have driven the car approximately 500 miles. It is a delightful no drama car. I am of the opinion, the engine was rebuilt in the late 70's / early 80's. The engine block in the car is dated after the production of the car (July of 1962) The block is reported to have been a warranty block. I do not have any documentation to that affect. The engine pad is clean with broach marks, which would be correct for a warranty block in that era (long before CE stampings). The car retains other items that are distinct to the 340 / 360hp engines. I have no doubt this is originally a 340hp car.

I am also of the opinion that is when the car was painted. The car appears to have 1 repaint (jambs still original paint). As mentioned, this is an UNHIT car!. The car retains all of it's original body panels and bonding strips. The hardtop is in excellent condition! The plexiglass, stainless, and headliner are all really nice. The top fits the car like few others. Great chrome, stainless, and pot metal parts. Excellent rust free frame and suspension components!

The interior plays the part of the rest of the car. Nice seats, door panels, dash pad, carpets (slight fading) and seat belts. All the window glass is original to the car and nice!

In all, this is a wonderful example of a C1 Corvette. Great colors, great attributes, and well sorted.

For more information, I can be contacted at (715) 385-3700 or [email protected]

Click this link for detailed images......
http://www.bouldermotorcar.com/used-...-4-speed-c-33/

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to napa68 For This Useful Post:
60sStuff (Today), 67since67 (Today), 69M22Z (Today), Chuck_Burg (Today), juliosz (Today), olredalert (Today)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old Today, 02:12 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Excellent Corvette to drive and enjoy without undue anxiety.
Old Today, 02:37 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,385 Times in 1,042 Posts

Beautiful C1, buy with confidence! GLWS