Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 07-24-2024, 02:03 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,246 Times in 1,485 Posts
Default 1967 Chevrolet C-10 project

This is about as far from a muscle car as it gets, but the only place I can post it, so... if anyone is interested, or knows someone who might be, post a reply. I have a LOT more pics of details and existing rust issues I can post, or send, for an interested person

Price is $4,000

I need to purge a few of my "too many" projects to fund the Camaro restoration and I am sad to say this is one of them. This is a very solid and original truck that I brought home from far western Oklahoma over 2 years ago. The plan was to freshen everything to make it safe and roadworthy but it got caught up in a fight to get a title from the seller. The story was, it sat in a field in Eastern NM for about 40 years before the seller acquired it from an estate without a title. I was told he could get a clean OK title if I paid for it in advance ..... yeah. I did, eventually, get a clean and free title, but I paid for it again. Anyway, it's a WYSIWYG. It was a neat truck when new. It does not have a spid, as the truck was broken into and the glove box door stolen after the property owner died and no one was around to watch over his "collection". The left door glass is what they broke and so is missing. The vin is for a 6 cylinder and I believe it was a 292 with a TH400 trans, both are long gone. It was ordered with all tinted glass, deluxe, cloth bench seat and deluxe, retractable, seat belts. It also has dual visors and partial gauge package, minus the tach and vacuum gauges. Push button AM radio, but oddly enough, no cigarette lighter ??? It, also, has a sticker near the jack warning of a positraction rear axle, along with HD, overload rear springs.
Attached Images

1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles
The Following User Says Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
napa68 (07-24-2024)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry DSC01201.jpg DSC01200.jpg DSC01199.jpg DSC01198.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 07-24-2024, 02:09 AM

The thieves stole the C-10 emblems off the fenders by prying them until the pins broke. I have 2 originals to replace them.
Attached Images

1967 Camaro ss/rs
Old 07-24-2024, 02:34 AM

If interested, as an additional cost, either with or without the truck, a performance built 292 and TH350 sitting in it. The trans was in my '38 business coupe when I bought that and it works very well with solid shifts at wot. No clue what is in it, but it's set up for good street performance and manners. I only removed it to install a 2004R trans.

The engine is a new build from several years ago, that was destined for a 1952 2.5 ton truck that I was going to move the rollback bed to, until I realized it was a LOT easier to just keep the '89 truck and sell the '52.
It had minimal cylinder wear and was stone honed and the original pistons re-ringed. The head was milled .060 to raise the compression to about 9.2. The push rods were custom ordered for the decrease in head height. The cam has .487 lift and a little longer duration. It has all new bigger valves, that I can't recall the size right now, along with bronze guides and 3 angle grind. Clifford intake, 390 Holley and cast, split exhaust manifolds. New, Pertronix, billet distributor and matching coil. It was broken in properly on an engine stand but never dyno'd. The builder didn't have an hp build chart for a 6, but it actually has a slight lope at idle and sounds like an exotic foreign engine when revved up. I wish I had installed in a vehicle to drive years ago, but it just didn't happen. I HAVE kept the cylinders lubricated with spray oil thru the spark plug holes and hand turning over multiple cycles thru the years. I do have a some receipts for the parts, but not for the cam/lifters and valves. They all came from Tom at 12bolt . com

Price of the engine/trans is $4,000, which is less than I have in the engine alone.
If bought together with the truck, I can do a combo price on them.
Attached Images

1967 Camaro ss/rs
Old 07-24-2024, 02:44 AM

Thanked 4,371 Times in 1,037 Posts

Cool truck Mitch, GLWS