Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale

Please note

Old 06-08-2024, 02:09 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Default 1970 1969 Chevelle Big block 4 speed radiator 454 396 tanks XJ & IA dated H

Hi gang, I have another rare treat available here.

An original 1970 Big Block Chevelle radiator - out of a 4 speed BBC 396 - I'm sure the tank / tanks will work for a 454 as well.

Lots of photos below - this was out of a barn find that has not run in decades and as such, is very, very original. Still has what I'm guessing is the original overflow hose with the BA clip.

The important fill side tank is stamped XJ with no provisions for a transmission cooler and dated H - which is the 8th month / August - so perfect for an early build car - that stamp is light, but believe me, it is "H". That same tank has a dent near the bottom which seems to be old and may not have affected operation and I'm sure any competent rad man can massage it out; I've even hear of paintless dent guys working on brass... anyway, it is what it is and not fatal at all IMHO.

No glaring issues with the IA tank - the core is very small and likely original and certainly not useable, same with the top and bottom. Likely original petcock drain too. I doubt that this has ever been recored.

A good way into a rare four speed XJ tank for a Chevelle, GTO, or Monte Carlo? Does an early date work for any of the models? SS396 SS454 LS6 LS5 L78 L34...

1100.00 shipped to the 48. PPF preferred.

Take a look at the photos.

Thanks as always Friends,
Anthony
Attached Images

Last edited by AnthonyS; 06-08-2024 at 04:37 PM. Reason: typo
Attachments - The Supercar Registry IMG_0974.jpg IMG_0973.jpg IMG_0972.jpg IMG_0971.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...