Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Day 2 stuff-modified cars

Old 02-06-2012, 01:18 AM

Default Re: Day 2 parts discussion

Fram HP and Thrush filters.
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2012, 01:19 AM

Thrush Silencer.
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2012, 01:20 AM

Ram Rod boots.
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2012, 01:22 AM

Ansen covers with the oil shield riveted in.
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2012, 01:25 AM

Attached Images

Old 02-06-2012, 02:16 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hemicolt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hurst roll controls. First and second design. Does anyone know the time frame for the second design? </div></div>

Actually there is a design older than those. I saw it for the first time at the Solid Lifter Showroom this past summer. I'll have to dig out the pictures, but it was on a fellow who had a very original 1966 Impala race car. With the &quot;juice jar&quot; master cylinder it was originally plumbed as a 4 wheel line lock. The owner told me at the time it was originally offered by Hurst as a new item in 1965.

My dad has the cast iron one on the left in his 67 Nova and Ken Barnhart has the one on the right on his 69 ZL-1 which he told me was new in 1969.

I've got the one on the right NOS wiht a Sears receipt but in the older looking package.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:19 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hemicolt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ram Rod boots. </div></div>

Interesting they changed where the second hole is.
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2012, 02:23 AM

That boot is for the V-gate or Vertigate which is the Mr. Gasket design. Mr. Gasket dropped the Ram Rod shifter when they bought out Hurst... I think.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pxtx</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hemicolt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ram Rod boots. </div></div>

Interesting they changed where the second hole is.</div></div>
Old 02-06-2012, 02:26 AM

I was under the impression that the one on the right was late 70's or sometime in the 80's. Very interesting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pxtx</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hemicolt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hurst roll controls. First and second design. Does anyone know the time frame for the second design? </div></div>

Actually there is a design older than those. I saw it for the first time at the Solid Lifter Showroom this past summer. I'll have to dig out the pictures, but it was on a fellow who had a very original 1966 Impala race car. With the &quot;juice jar&quot; master cylinder it was originally plumbed as a 4 wheel line lock. The owner told me at the time it was originally offered by Hurst as a new item in 1965.

My dad has the cast iron one on the left in his 67 Nova and Ken Barnhart has the one on the right on his 69 ZL-1 which he told me was new in 1969.

I've got the one on the right NOS wiht a Sears receipt but in the older looking package.</div></div>
Old 02-06-2012, 05:38 AM

One for the more hardcore street/drag racers .Cable drive Moroso cable drive tach that i found last year for a whopping $20 .It came with a bonus a vintage predator carb box .