Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Unique Shelby Convertible for sale

Les,

I have been out of town and unable to respond until now.
I think there is both confusion and some mis-information about my car.

First, while the VIN number is the one Mr. Quam mentions, my car was never sold at Russo-Steele.
Second, my car has its original, matching numbers engine. The VIN is on the block, drivers side, just below the head on a rough cast surface.
Third, I also had heard rumors that parts had been removed, but that too is not true. I believe what happened is that Worldwide Musclecars owned my 69 Shelby and a record setting 66 Shelby. It is a fact that there were parts removed from the 66 Shelby before Worlwide picked it up. I would venture that the rumor of parts being removed is a mix up between these two cars. I would also have to wonder what parts one would remove from a 69 Shelby? My tires are still 69 tires, I would have to look again, but I believe all the belts and hoses are still the original Ford NOS stuff. At any rate, since the Russo-Steele comment and wrong engine comment were both incorrect, then I would suggest that this parts missing comment is also wrong.

However Les, I would appreciate you contacting me at the phone numbers below if my information is incorrect. Les, I would like some proof that parts were removed from my car. I would also like the names and phone numbers of the MCA senior judges who you indicated would no longer judge this a thoroughbred car. The reason I would like this information Les, is that I have enough money, time and lawyers to make life miserable for the people who sold me my 69 Shelby if you can provide me proof that my car was not as represented to me when I purchased it, i.e. that it doesn't have its original engine or that parts were scavenged off the car.

I appreciate your help with correcting any mis-information about my car,

Chip Wright
Call anytime and I will be glad to talk about this.
cell 770-365-1872
home 678-305-0756
office 770-956-1225