Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2024, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,834 Times in 1,456 Posts
Default Keeping Busy and needing input?

Well I just finished correcting a few things on my 69 Orange white stripe RS/Z28:
Carb rebuilt- check
Removed aftermarket stereo cassette & installed correct AM radio with rear speaker fader- check
Removed and correctly installed new carpeting-check

New project removal and rebuild of engine in orange with black stripe 69 RS/Z28. I have antifreeze entering cylinder #8.

The engine is ready to pull all everything is disconnected. It could be a head gasket, but two issues the engine had.... low oil pressure and somewhat of a vibration. I had the engine rebuilt by a local engine shop and it produced great HP 411 at 7100. The rub is I had normal oil pressure prior and no vibration( yes I had the flywheel & pressure plate balanced.

I was considering purchasing a "modern crate " and install. Also have the original engine rebuilt and stored.

Any suggestions? My one thinking has always been the 302 is really the only unique item to a Z28 which is the reason I have stayed with the 302.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Attachments - The Supercar Registry 406.jpg 20240828_092516.jpg 20240828_092450.jpg 20240828_084938.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...