Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2024, 03:16 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default House of Speed-Queens NY

In trying to find more history on my SC Rambler, I came across the name of an old speed shop that at least 1 of the old owners used to hang out at.

Owned by a man named(or nicknamed) Spiro, he owned House of Speed in Queens, possibly Astoria. I can’t find much online but know that Spiro owned a 65 Chevelle named Barbara Ann and raced in NYC in the 70’s and 80’s.

The rear of my SC Rambler actually tore out during a hole shot against Spiro around 1985. Does anyone happen to have more information or pics of this speed shop?

At Carlisle a couple guys from Queens told me Spiro is still around, I’d love to speak with him if he remembers my car or any information about racing around NYC back then.

Though the name is different, I think this is an old picture of his Chevelle. I wonder if it’s a Z16 car.
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LetsFNgo For This Useful Post:
dykstra (07-25-2024), gtomike1967 (07-25-2024), markinnaples (07-25-2024), PeteLeathersac (07-25-2024), ruralrte66 (07-25-2024)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry IMG_4572.jpeg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...