Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Yesterday, 02:24 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,317 Times in 507 Posts
Default Buyer Beware

I purchased a restored starter from a guy in the Phoenix Arizona area named Ron Burke…his business name is Chevy Cool . Phone number is 480-720-8000. I paid $350 for a “Real” original restored starter. Like all smart guys that restore cars ….you buy your parts ahead of time before you need them to help the process/progress along. I purchased it 18 months ago and put it in my pile of restored parts ready to go. In the past 2 weeks I was going thru all the parts and getting ready. I looked at the starter and noticed the case was spun and smooth which is an indicator of a restamp as the originals have a more steel texture to them ….so I miched it and compared it to a real case and sure enough it was 70,000ths thinner. Not to mention he put the wrong screws back in and they were not recessed as originals are. So I call him to discuss ….he said he may have bought the case from John Pirkle….I said regardless of were you got the case ….you still sold me a restamp and I paid up to get an original. He said he generally deals with Corvette guys and that is acceptable and no one is going to crawl underneath your car to inspect it….I told him on the contrary that at the Camaro Nationals for Legends judging that cars are put on lifts and this would be noticed and was not acceptable. He instantly gets aggressive and defensive and says that he won’t take it back and for me to put it on eBay and sell it. I waited a week for him to calm down and called him again…..this time he hung up on me after he answered and introduced myself. RON BURKE IS A CON MAN. I look forward to delivering this RESTAMP starter to him in person. I stand by my above statement and reiterate that Ron Burke is a CON MAN.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Copo_Cartel For This Useful Post:
169indy (Yesterday), 1967Z28 (Yesterday), 69Z11Pacer396 (Yesterday), bergy (Yesterday), big gear head (Yesterday), CamaroNOS (Yesterday), JBALL (Today), Jimlt4383 (Yesterday), John (Today), JoshC (Yesterday), lbnaz (Yesterday), McCune (Today), PeteLeathersac (Yesterday), ragtop (Yesterday), SS427 (Yesterday), SuperNovaSS (Yesterday), Tuna Joe (Yesterday)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...