Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2023, 03:59 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Hot Rod Power Tour First Timer

The Power Tour is in my area this year. It starts Near Atlanta then goes to Columbia SC, Rockingham NC, Charlotte and ends in Bristol Tn. It is something that I have wanted to do so I have decided that this will be the year. I have already made my motel reservations. I know there are guys here that have done the tour before. One thing I already know that will be a problem in the temperature. My car doesn't have AC so it will be hot. I am in the process of making a couple upgrades to the car getting ready for the drive. I had a new engine built an installed 5 or 6 years ago. It is a .070 over 427 with almost 550 hp. It was built by Fulton Competition. It gets around 8 mpg running 93 octane so I know I'll be spending a good bit on gas.

Any suggestions for a first timer? I am planning on taking a few things with me like some tools, spare tire, floor jack, belts and radiator hoses, coolant and a cooler for drinks and snacks. What else should I take?

What time is best for leaving one location and heading to the next? I plan to go the Atlanta on Sunday before the tour starts.

I am really looking forward to this.

Thanks, James
markinnaples (06-06-2023), Xplantdad (04-08-2023)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...