Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Pit Area - Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2015, 05:37 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default My Last Drag Racer Suits Up!

We did the training thing with Danny last weekend, and then kept testing him with questions all week. So, when this past Saturday rolled around at Numidia he was ready to prove that he had this thing down! With remote starter device installed, Danny embarked on his Jr Dragster Licensing Passes - 6 in all. Final answer from Danny - 'I want to go faster!' [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] Ben said the same thing to Ron Capps one time at MGR, Ron quickly replied 'don't we all!'.

The 6 Track Tests are; 1. pull behind (or push), 2. 60' stop, shut off, 3. 330' stop, shut off, 4. 660' moderate pass, 5. 660' full pass &amp; 6. 660' full pass. I had pushed Danny down the track last weekend, so we had 1 completed - although he didn't know it. So, Saturday was Track Tests 2, 3, &amp; 4 and he did great. His moderate pass was a 16.13 ET where he slowed to a stop just after the finish line at 23mph. He was very proud of his slip!

On Sunday we repeated the moderate pass test again just to get him back on focus, except this time his confidence grew and ran it pretty hard with a 12.95 at 45.2MPH. So, we went for the full pass Tests - he did awesome with a 12.46 at 49.5MPH and backed it up with a 12.36 at 51.9MPH! He was on Cloud 9, [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img] He doesn't believe that he should have to wait till Spring to actually race....explaining that he's licensing for the 8-9 year old class at age 7 is irrelevant to him!

Staging lanes for final pass:

Suiting up for the final pass:

Final pass slip:

Putting the slip into the Drag Slip Analyzer App:

Numidia Track Officials signed off, he's good to proceed:

Time to clean the car....

After 3 runs Danny says 'I'm beat!'. He slept good last night. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

PS: didn't need this, but I felt a whole lot better knowing I could shut the car off from 1/4 mile away with a flick of the finger!
67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, &amp; 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...