Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > COPO - United States

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,263 Times in 354 Posts
Default Re: ZL1 # 48 coming to Barrett-Jackson

Good point William & well taken - It should have a Canadian registration history and Canadian import docs though. Even if it wasn't registered in Canada, it should have import docs from crossing the border. Such a rare car without any history would be a little suspect in my mind no matter what the car looks like today. It would be cool if quik9r could provide the community with some of the background before the auction - it might even encourage more potential buyers to be at the auction (or bid on-line). Heck, I'm interested. :-).

GM of Canada used to send a copy of an entire page of computer print out with every car that they supplied documentation for. I know that I have a few pages (maybe 40 or 50 cars per page)of Canadian imported cars with VINs & all ecl codes. There are some rare cars on there! But a car made up from air, no matter how accurate the resto is, has the same problem - no owners to talk to & verify history.