Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 07-18-2004, 11:32 AM

Default Food For Thought....

Imagine this scenario.... You are in this hobby locating the rare cars for some collectors and finding new homes for others. One day you are contacted by someone who has decided to put together one of the nicest collections to be found. He supplies a list of ten cars to start with, many one of a kind, many with production totals less then twenty. No easy task as the list contains the ones everyone wants. So you dig in your heels and within two weeks the list is assembled, many from owners who had no interest in selling, so a great deal of time is invested working with all involved. Then your prospective new collector who has assured you that finances are no problem as money is no object. So you are patient through the next four weeks as the excuses fall upon you as the snow on the North pole. Finally, without much left to fabricate you are told that far away in another country this wannabe collector has been informed by agencies such as Interpol that you, the person who has dedicated six weeks to this challenging task of putting together a collection anyone here would find outstanding, is an international criminal who is going to run away with all your money, (that never really existed), despite many solid references and former clients. So after wasting six weeks of your time the baffling question occurs as to why.,....nothing makes sense. So now you hire someone with a clear objective mind to try and sort this no gain situation out to be told that it seems some spoiled rotten rich kid that has a issue with you that also never really existed has hired someone to waste your time, money, and irritate your resources who really did not want to sell in the first place. Any input as to who you may start pounding on first in you found your self in the center of such an scenario??????? The straw that breaks the Camels back is you never had the chance to see the tricked out chopped and channeled custom Lear Jet come roaring over your house to land at your local airport to conclude this deal. Heck, ya never know, Santa may come down the chimminey one day after all..........This is the antics of one of the new kids on the block around here. Food for thought gentlemen, Food for thought.
Motown
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 07-18-2004, 01:16 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Food For Thought....

Motown...When you say "around here", do you mean someone from this site? I am thinkin I would have to pay a visit to the spoiled rich kid. Unannounced of course.
34 Ford Sedan..Hemi powered
Michigan/ Florida
Old 07-18-2004, 05:42 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,847 Times in 1,634 Posts

--------I wondered what was keeping you busy, Matt. Its hard to believe that anyone on this board or,I guess, any board could be this childish and petty. What, in this warped persons mind, led to this? Can you tell us? Im sure it could be of benefit to all of us!........Bill S
Old 07-18-2004, 06:11 PM

I have found that this new millenium has created a general atmosphere of "wasting peoples time" and a total "lack of caring and service" from a lot of people. I see it everyday in business and in my own profession. At times it does get to you and it seems to be everywhere. You never experienced this 20 or 30 years ago when service meant service and a man's word was gospel.

Six weeks of wasted time is unbelievable. I hope that eventually something good will come of it for you, whether that be some type of financial influx or meeting this person face to face for some personal gratification
Old 07-18-2004, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have found that this new millenium has created a general atmosphere of "wasting peoples time" and a total "lack of caring and service" from a lot of people. I see it everyday in business and in my own profession. At times it does get to you and it seems to be everywhere. You never experienced this 20 or 30 years ago when service meant service and a man's word was gospel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don you hit the nail on the head!! tough to stay up-beat when you deal with rude people....like the old song says "be happy", I stay pretty upbeat and have had many customers say wow and really appreciate good customer service today,I think it is slowly coming back around, I here more people who say they are looking more for customer care after the purchase not just the best price.

Matt, hop on your scooter and go for a long ride....you will feal better when you get home.

Bud.
Old 07-18-2004, 07:47 PM

hmmmm....Motown this sounds like something right out of a Tom Clancy Novel...
Old 07-19-2004, 11:50 AM

Hey Matt: Do me a favor and tell everyone that it's NOT me that you're referring to when you mention your new "friend" that collared you, then walked you like a puppy dawg. Several folks know I have a LearJet and my mailbox is full from emails wondering if you were talking about me. I told 'em it wasn't me, cause I'd never chop/channel mine ...although I'd be happy to give you a list of 10 cars to shop for me...LOL

SS
Old 07-19-2004, 01:47 PM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts

I have helped a friend save quite a bit of cash locating cars and parts over the years. He is a good friend and his word is good. We have a future gentleman's agreement in place and I have no doubt that his word is gold. If I was brokering Up front for a cut of the pie with an unknown client I would get a deposit with the understanding that win or loose (if the cars were all located) the deposit was forfit for my time, - and get it in writing.

There are too many "baddies" out there today - unless you know who you are dealing with you gotta watch. (Just my 2cents)

Phil
Old 07-19-2004, 10:26 PM

Steve,
It was certainly not you being referred to here, first of all you have the financial ability to put together the ultimate collection, you are also not one of the new kids on the block, and above all else you actually OWN a Lear Jet! I do have some serious cars that I had located for this fella, if interested give me a call or send an Email.
Motown
Old 07-20-2004, 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Matt: Do me a favor and tell everyone that it's NOT me that you're referring to when you mention your new "friend" that collared you, then walked you like a puppy dawg. Several folks know I have a LearJet and my mailbox is full from emails wondering if you were talking about me. I told 'em it wasn't me, cause I'd never chop/channel mine ...although I'd be happy to give you a list of 10 cars to shop for me...LOL
SS

[/ QUOTE ]

Steve, if you read Motown's post, you'll see he referred to a "spoiled rotten rich kid".

So he couldn't be referring to you. You're not a kid.